Chapter 14 (Black Shuck)

A/N: Oh mah goodness, three consecutive updates in three days? Motivation must be having a field day.

Have fun reading crappy detailed writing. Motivation had one condition and that was it hated writing detail after a 4 month vacay gallivanting everywhere so, bear with a probably shittily written chappie.

Read at your own risk.

"Run! Go!" Diana ordered whilst the girls screamed at the chaos that reigned in the room of dark and cursed objects, running up and out of the door. Mary-Ellen, who was the last out of the room slammed the door closed, using her body weight to keep the door shut. Diana brought out her cross from her pocket and began to pray, directing the cross to the door to hold whatever demons were at bay.

Mary-Ellen sank to the floor, grasping at her throat as her airways began to close. "Mary-Ellen?" Judy cried, reaching out to her friend. "It's her asthma. She's having an attack," Daniela identified, her cheek numbed and tingling from the slap she had received only moments ago. But she refused to acknowledge it, rather, she focused her efforts elsewhere. "The inhaler's in her car."

Diana at that point had finished praying to the door, and the noise behind quietened down for only a moment. "I'll go. I have the most experience with this bullshit."

Judy grabbed Diana's hand. "Dee... I'm scared," Judy whispered, her voice trembling.

"Think of what Mum and Dad tell you. What do they tell you to do when you're scared?" Diana crouched down, holding Judy by the shoulders.

"Hold the cross and pray to Him for safety and remember that you and Dad and Mum are always there to protect me," Judy recited.

"I'll be back as soon as I can okay?" Diana got off the floor and ran for the door. 

"No! Let me!" Daniela ran after Diana. "Stay here! You've done enough!" Diana called back, shutting the front door in her face. But Diana running out of the house was the least of Daniela's concerns, as a cold wave chilled her from head to toe the moment she stepped foot in front of the hallway that led to Judy's room. Not daring to make any sudden movements, her shaky form slowly turned around, and there it was, the woman in the wedding dress in all her bloody glory, her hand tightly gripping a sharpened knife in the air, bathed in the colours of Judy's nightlight.

Daniela then spun around in an attempt to outrun the spirit, only to turn into a knife that buried itself into her stomach. Gasping for breath, Daniela fell backward onto the floorboards, gripping her stomach, only to find no wound there. Fear began to set in once more, and as she sat up, the woman in the wedding dress crouched down, waiting for her victim to face her. 

At that moment, Daniela came face to face with a grey-skinned creature and grimy hair and a toothy malicious smile. A rush of movement later, and Daniela found herself pinned to the floor. She screamed. And the woman screamed with her, blood gushing from her mouth into Daniela's. Judy stayed with Mary-Ellen, trying her best to help with whatever Mary-Ellen needed, praying for safety from the demons as she waited for her sister to return with the inhaler.

But Judy was tired of waiting. Assuring Mary-Ellen, Judy ran up the stairs and opened the front door, making her way outside to help Diana, thinking it would be quicker if it was dealt like a relay race. Diana ran out to Mary-Ellen's car that was parked in the driveway, and pulled open the door, reaching in to open the glovebox where she knew the inhaler was being stored. The further she reached in, the more her body leaned into the car, until eventually, her entire figure was laid out across the front seat, inhaler in hand.

Diana's head shot up when she heard small footsteps on the ground outside and whipped her head to face it, and there stood Judy, trembling in fear.

"Judy, get back inside!" Diana whisper-yelled.