9

I grasped at the sheets around me, yanking on whatever could pull me into reality.
The darkness—who still hadn't trusted me enough to bestow such information on me such as his name—decided to share other information; Douglas was a nazi, and not a modern one, he was alive during the war. In fact, He served in it.
What was with the teachers at my school?
I was informed of his goal to use the wild hunt as a weapon, how he failed on his first attempt and the darkness thinks that he has come back to try again.

Thank you grandma Esme for telling your husband's recreational activities of being a dread doctor to the dark spirt you sold your soul to.
Apparently marcel was the dread doctor who experimented on her also Douglas.
When he was attacked long ago the Ghost Rider's whip didn't go deep enough to take him, but it left a gash on his back. He was thrown into the tank and the wound infected the water. It mixed with the fluid in the vat, and actually made him stronger—soaking it in, absorbing the power for seventy years. So, he came out with the power of an Alpha, a Löwenmensch, and a Ghost Rider. A side effect no one could expect.

»»————- ☾★☽ ————-««

"So, we should stay here. Is that what you're thinking?" Hayden asked, stepping away from the cells in the sheriff's station.

"It doesn't matter where we are." Liam answered sharply, seemingly needing to convince himself more than give Hayden an answer. "We still need to figure out how to fight them."

"No one can fight them." She muttered.

"Douglas can." Theo piped up in his holding cell.
"Does he need to stay in there?" Mason had a guilty expression.

"He's still Theo." She shrugged.

"Theo saved Scott, remember?" Theo's voice grew irritated as he spoke.

"He can still hear you."

Hayden rolled her eyes in response to mason.
"Then he can hear me say he needs to shut up so we can figure out how to fight the Ghost Riders."

"You don't need to figure it out..." Theo chuckled to himself as Liam walked closer, the other two following.

" ...Because Douglas already did." Liam finished. "If he knew how to fight them, then he might know everything about them."

"And guess who knows all about Mr. Douglas?" He smirked.

Thea walked down the road and the air had a taste of the winter that was soon to come.
The walk to the police station was faster than it usually was, but then, she had been faster in general lately.
It was mostly empty inside which confused her, until the sound of bit of metal—maybe bolts or something bigger—hitting the floor with loud clanks.

Following the sound, she found Kira's katana shattered on the ground and Theo grinning in as he lent on the bars of his holding cell, it was the same grin he used to have.
It had only been a few months she reminded herself, though it felt like a century had passed since she loved Theo.

"What are you doing?" She growled, dropping to her knees and picking up the pieces of sharp metal not being able to avoid slicing her hand.

"Shit! Thea." Liam was next to her in an instant, pulling her hands away from the metal. "Are you okay?"

"She's fine," Hayden replied before Thea could speak. "Thea's a big girl she doesn't need your help." Thea looked up at Hayden, if looks could kill Thea would no longer be immortal, Liam didn't notice Hayden's glare, he was to busy looking at the other chimera in the room, who was wearing the same expression as Hayden but Thea didn't notice.

She yanked out the piece of metal that sliced her palm, the wound healing before the spilled black blood hit the floor.

Mason returned and handed Thea a cloth he had found. She wiped the thick black liquid off with a grimace.

"It's black." Theo said as if it were a question.

"I prefer 'he' but I've been called worse." Mason said nonchalantly as he helped Thea to her feet.

"What—no." Theo took a step back. "I wouldn't, I meant her blood. Surely there's something wrong with her—"

"Yeah, there's a lot wrong with me. I am a demon heir and you triggered my awakening. Now I am dead but can never pass on to the afterlife because my soul is now a demonic one. I can only serve hell if I somehow manage to leave this plan of existence."

He didn't speak.
He couldn't.
Theo just started at her with wet eyes and an open mouth, whatever words he tried to say weren't heard by anyone, but he didn't care that they didn't hear him. He just wanted to find the perfect words for Thea, but he realised there were no words in any spoken language that could describe what he felt, that could explain why, or apologise for the pain he caused her.

"Don't look at me like that." Thea spat. "I am not some tragedy."

The last thing Theo thought was that Thea was a tragedy, she was the strongest person he knew. Far stronger than him.

Suddenly, a Ghost Rider appeared, having teleported through a bolt of lightning, as walked menacingly through the doorway.
The lot of them stood frozen in fear for a long moment, and just as Mason was about to run away, the Ghost Rider cracked his whip, wrapping itself around Mason's throat.
"run!" He called out.
Liam protested but it was no use, Thea grabbed his arm using her strength to pull him away following Hayden who had already started to run.
The Ghost Rider yanked on the whip, causing Mason to be transported to the Phantom Train Station.
Furious, Liam transformed with his claws, fangs, and glowing gold eyes, roaring at the Ghost Rider before he leapt out of Thea's grip and toward him with a roar.

"Liam!" Hayden called out, turning back to face Liam. "We have to get to Scott."

"Behind you!" Thea shouted, but Hayden was too focused on Liam.

A Ghost Rider came up behind her and cracked his whip, leaving its grip around Hayden's left wrist, much to Liam's horror.
Thea and Hayden both grab onto the whip so the Rider can't use it to capture Hayden, but even together their strength wasn't enough to do anything but slow him down.

The two were almost close to breaking his hold when a third Ghost Rider appeared, having ridden the lightning into the station, and pulls his own whip out to hit Thea around her torso, yanking her backward. Theo yelled out for her, scared she would be gone in an instant but the whip had no more effect on her than the usual whip—though this was her first encounter with a whip being used on her.

When she pulled free of the whip Hayden was gone, mason was gone and so were the ghost ridders.

Thea—her body on autopilot—unlocked Theo's cells and let herself collapse into his arms, sobbing in an instant.
There was so much pain in her, so many things she had shoved into the little box in the back of her mind and Theo had a key to that box.
She never gave him the key, and she never wanted him to have it, but he had access to her in a way no body else did.
She didn't have to tell him anything, he knew.
In some way, he knew.
He just held her.
His hand stroked her newly short hair.

Liam was sat on the floor, defeated, staring at Thea, an angry—no—a rage building in him, Theo had his arms around her, he hurt her, he was the reason her tears had been shed and he had no right to comfort her.
It should've been me. He thought, he didn't understand why he had felt so guilty all this time, he didn't just want Thea, this was so much more. He would never use her, never hurt her, so why did he feel so shameful over his feelings for her?

Thea pulled away, visibly angry with herself for crying. She wiped away her tears as if the were stained onto her face, looking away from both boys before rushing out of the sheriffs station.