"You're my boyfriend. If I was a girl, no one would have that much leverage against you."
Fitz frowned as he stared into Dex's guilty eyes.
"If you were a girl and obsessed over me as much as other girls do, I wouldn't be here right now. We wouldn't be here right now." Fitz stated, resting his forehead against Dex's.
"You are my boyfriend, and I love you because you didn't obsess over me and didn't think I was perfect. You thought I was a huge, selfish snob."
Fitz felt a smile grow on his face.
"And for some reason, I liked that."
Fitz held eye contact with Dex who seemed to be blinking at him.

"You're perfect the way you are." Fitz stated.
Dex gulped and laughed.
"That's so stupid." Dex smiled, shutting his eyes as he pressed his nose against Fitz's.
Fitz smiled.
"Thanks, love you too." Fitz said.
Dex smiled and sighed softly.
"I just want to kiss you." Dex said quietly.
"God Dex, don't say it, just do it." Fitz said, shutting his eyes as he leaned in.
Dex giggled as he pressed his lips against Fitz's, kissing each other once more.

Fitz made the right choice. Coming over to Rimeshire this late.

*****

Fitz grumbled as his eyes fluttered open. His face scrunched up as he looked up to see Dex smiling and playing with his hair.
"Good morning." Dex said, his voice slightly raspy.
Fitz's heart fluttered and he smiled as he leaned in and gently pecked Dex's lips.
"Good morning." Fitz said softly, his own voice raspy as well.
Dex ran his fingers through Fitz's brown locks and sighed softly.

"Did you sleep well?" Dex asked, tilting his head.
"Yeah." Fitz nodded, wrapping his arms around Dex's body and burying his face into Dex's shoulder.
Dex smiled and kissed Fitz's head.
"Mmh, good." Dex sighed out.

"You gonna stay for breakfast?"
"I should go home." Fitz sighed, lifting his head from Dex's shoulder.
"I bet Biana's already noticed I've gone."
Fitz took his hands away from Dex and sat up, causing Dex to take his hands away from Fitz's hair.
"Oh." Dex frowned.

Fitz looked at Dex who laid there, just staring at him.
"You're not sick of my presence?" Fitz asked.
"Mmh, not really. Plus, last night we didn't really do anything." Dex shrugged
"We made out a lot." Fitz smirked.
Dex's cheeks turned red and he rolled his eyes.
"God, shut up Vacker." Dex huffed.
Fitz laughed as he got up from the bed.

"I need to at least get out of these clothes." Fitz said, grabbing the bag he had left by Dex's bed.
Dex rested his head on his hand as he watched Fitz take out some clothes from the bag and setting it down.
"You sure you don't want to stay for breakfast?" Dex asked, frowning.
"I'm sure. I don't want your parents to think we did anything last night as well." Fitz said, smiling at Dex.
Dex felt extremely flustered once Fitz said that and he pouted.
"They wouldn't-" Dex began.

Dex stopped himself as Fitz took off his t-shirt and he bit his inner cheek.
"Uh..."
Fitz picked up the shirt he had set down and put it on, slowly buttoning it.
"Hah, what?" Fitz smiled at Dex as he buttoned up his shirt.
Dex blinked as he looked at Fitz's face.
"You knew exactly what you were doing there." Dex huffed, glaring at Fitz.
Fitz grinned at Dex.
"I just took off my t-shirt?" Fitz questioned.
"What, did you enjoy the view~?"

Dex huffed and he rolled in his bed, facing away from Fitz.
"I hate you." Dex stated.
Fitz laughed. Fitz leaned over the bed, using his hands on the bed to hold him up as he hovered above Dex.
"Don't be like that." Fitz said.
Dex glanced at Fitz and he brought the covers over his face, making Fitz laugh even more.
"Dex..."
Fitz used a hand to pull down the covers and Dex rolled onto his back, looking up at Fitz.

"God, you're such an idiot." Dex sighed, gently cupping Fitz's face.
Fitz smiled.
"You say that all the time." Fitz said.
"Cause it's true." Dex said, bringing Fitz's face down.
Fitz smiled as he gently locked his lips with Dex's. Dex smiled into the kiss and tilted his head slightly to deepen it. Fitz pulled away and Dex pouted.
"I need to get changed." Fitz said, pecking the tip of Dex's nose.
Fitz got back up and Dex sighed, getting up himself.

"Fine~ I'll be back in a few minutes. I'm at least giving you an apple to eat or something." Dex said, stretching his arms out as he made his way to his bedroom door.
"Okay, don't take too long." Fitz said.
Dex opened his bedroom door and left, shutting the door behind him.

He sighed softly but then yelped as he looked in front of him and seen Rex.
"Hi." Rex smiled at Dex.
"Uhm... morning." Dex said, his cheeks red.
"Did I hear Fitz?" Rex tilted his head at Dex.
"What?" Dex questioned.
"No, you didn't."
Dex began to walk off. Rex pouted and furrowed his eyebrows as he followed behind Dex.

"I swore I heard him last night too." Rex said.
"You're insane. You were fast asleep last night." Dex said, waving his hand at Rex.
"But I woke up because I heard your bed creak!" Rex exclaimed.
"And then I heard you giggling with Fitz and-"
Okay, that sounded bad. But all Dex and Fitz did was just kiss each other and cuddle. Nothing more.
"Rex, Fitz wasn't in my room last night, okay?" Dex smiled at Rex.
"Just leave it. I need to get back to my room anyways."

"Why? It's the weekend, you don't have to get ready for school today-"
"I have a project I'm working on. A gadget."
"Oh! Can I help?"
"Another time."

*****

Fitz sighed out as he made it back to Everglen. He was eating the apple Dex gave him as he was making his way to the living room.
He decided to greet his family first who'd probably be in the living room worrying about him.

As soon as he entered the room, he seen how his mother and father were scolding at each other and how Biana seemed to look only slightly worried.

Fitz quietly cleared his throat.
"Good morning." Fitz said out loud.
Della and Alden instantly went quiet as they looked over at Fitz.
"Thank god you're not dead." Biana said.
"... Clearly you had a positive mindset when I was gone." Fitz said, looking at Biana with a bit of concern.
Biana shrugged at Fitz.

"Where were you?" Alden snapped.
Fitz looked at his father.
"I stayed over with Keefe. Last night I felt like I was suffocating so I went to the Shores of Solace and Keefe allowed me to sleep over." Fitz lied.
Alden sighed and ran his fingers through his hair.
"You worried us, Fitz-" Alden began.
"Never mind that." Della huffed.
"He said he felt like he was suffocating from being here, and you're only focusing that he ran away-?"
"He's fine! He has someone to go to when he feels that way at least-!"
"He should feel able to come and speak with us and not-!"

The bickering began again.

Biana went over to Fitz, a frown on her face. Fitz sighed softly and wrapped his arm around Biana, rubbing her back as he lead her the way out of the living room.
Once they were out of the living room, they were just heading towards one of their rooms.
"... You stayed with Dex, right?" Biana asked.
"Yeah." Fitz mumbled.

Biana bit her lower lip and looked at Fitz.
"You need to tell him about you and Dex-" Biana began.
"Biana-" Fitz began.
"Fitz." Biana frowned.
Fitz stared at Biana and saw how she stared at him.

"I'll come out to him soon. I promise."

Fitz did want to come out. Mostly because there were a lot of people who knew about him and Dex, and if he got outed...
Fitz wouldn't know what to do.
Plus, his father would have to hear it from his own mouth.

So, yeah. Fitz would start hatching a plan to come out to his dad.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 2180