Your body is my drug

*CARLOS POV*

Carlos had gathered something like 10 hours of sleep in three days. He did not understand why, yet sleep ignored him. Back in Madrid, he had really struggled to get to sleep. He worked out until he almost passed out, hoping that fatigue would force him to give in and sleep, but nothing. On the other hand, his body was really perfect. After all, every cloud has a silver lining, hasn't it?

He couldn't be sure, but Y/n's absence was being felt. Maybe he missed the wonderful sex they had, maybe he missed her body or maybe he missed her voice, her scent. Yet what had happened to him had been decided by him, him and no one else, indeed. He didn't know exactly, what he knew for sure was that he was sleepy and needed to relax completely. He thought of that hotel in the mountains, near the Dolomites. He had gone there during a winter break with his cousin, there was a very large golf course, he could have played there if there wasn't too much snow, or he could have skied. Yes, he had to go and he had to do it alone.The day before he left, however, he decided to text Charles that he would go there, maybe he could join him and spend a weekend together.

'I'm already here, man' Charles had replied to him, and Carlos was delighted. He wouldn't be much happier longer.

"Hey man!" said Charles as he entered the lobby while Carlos was checking in. The two hugged each other. "How was your trip?" continued Charles
"Good, I hope I'll be able to rest this weekend" Carlos took the room key and picked up his duffel bag from the floor. Charles looked at him in silence, he had not told him that Y/n was there too. But he wasn't going to make it in time to tell him because....

"Miss Horner, you forgot your mobile phone in the gym!" a staff member was chasing after Y/n who had just burst into the lobby.
Carlos' blood froze. He immediately looked up and saw her. His breath stopped, then he immediately looked at Charles who looked at him in silence, while his eyes were speaking loud, as much as Carlos' ones. In that moment Carlos felt betrayed by his friend.
Meanwhile, Y/n had seen just Charles and was about to approach him when she froze as soon as she saw Carlos. She knew that moment would come sooner or later, yet her heart began to pound anyway.
Carlos and Y/n looked at each other in silence for a long time, then Carlos approached Y/n as her heart beat faster and faster. What was he going to say to her? What was she going to say to him?

"Hi"
"Hi"

Those were the only words they said to each other and immediately afterwards Carlos entered the lift that had just arrived on the ground floor. Without saying a word he disappeared, leaving Charles and Y/n alone.

"Didn't you tell him I was there too?"
"No."
"Why?"
"I don't know, I was afraid he wouldn't come"
"Well, now I guess he hates you too"

Charles and Y/n went up to the room and after Y/n washed herself, she lay in bed, while Charles looked out of the room.

"Do you think Carlos is angry because he thinks we are together?" Y/n had her eyes closed and was thinking and rethinking the moment when Carlos' gaze had landed on her.
"What?" Charles had just returned from the veranda because it was too cold outside.
"Carlos thinks we're a couple?"
"Nah, I mean, I don't think so, but maybe we could be a perfect couple"
"Charles!!!" Y/n opened his eyes and turned towards him.
"What? We'd make a cute couple, you can't deny that."

Y/n couldn't think of any words to retort to that sentence. She was surprised that she couldn't come up with any arguments to refute Charles' argument, yet there must have been plenty, first and foremost the fact that they were best friends. Nothing came to her mind. They were silent for a while, then y/n got up from the chair, went to the bathroom, put on her swimming costume and bathrobe and left the room to go to the hotel spa. Charles followed her with his eyes and when he saw her coming out of the bathroom in her swimwear he was breathless and realised that he had never seen her in a bikini before. He pretended not to notice her coming out and let her go alone.

Y/n walked down the long corridor that led from their room to the lift. She had never been in the spa and the concierge had told her that to go there, she had to take a different route. Y/n had followed the directions she remembered, but had probably gotten lost. She was about to retrace her steps when Carlos emerged from a room, ready to go play golf.

Y/n's bathrobe suddenly loosened, allowing a glimpse of her body. Carlos looked at her for a moment before looking away and pretending not to, he felt his heart pounding in his throat. Y/n hurried to cover herself, never looking Carlos in the eye, she was all red and felt embarrassed. The two were about to go in two separate directions when Carlos turned slightly towards Y/n.

"Nice holiday with Charles, huh?"
"Trying to relax a bit, how about you?"
"I wanted to relax too."
"Not relaxing?" Y/n pointed at his clothing referring to his favourite hobby
"Not like I thought..." he scratched one cheek nervously, holding up the room card that looked tiny in comparison to his hand. "Have a nice holiday with Charlie" Carlos took a few steps forward, moving away from her.

Charles' diminutive name was emphasised by Carlos, almost as if he was teasing them. And most likely he was. Y/n's response was not long in coming.
"What do you mean?"
"Nothing, just...try not to do things when I'm around."
"What? Carlos!"

He turned away from Y/n without answering her, he had no intention of going into details or talking about this topic. Just thinking about it made him want to vomit.

Carlos walked to the lift, stepped inside and leaned the back of his neck against the wall. He closed his eyes and tried to put the image of Y/n in a bikini out of his mind. That body was like a drug to him. It took very little to make him want to possess her again. He became angry with himself for the millionth time, then the lift doors opened and when he asked if he could book the camp for the whole afternoon he was told that it was snowing and therefore the camp would not be accessible. He stumbled into the lift, then returned to his room and for a second it occurred to him to go to the spa, where Y/n was also.

That thought lasted a moment, then he slipped into a pair of Nike shorts and went down to the gym to train until evening. When he returned to his room, he read a message from Charles inviting him to have dinner with them.

"What a dickhead" he said aloud, ignoring the message. Then he looked at his mobile phone, there was a really beautiful girl he had met when he had last come here. Carlos thought about texing her, maybe he could spend a few hours without thinking about anything, just have some fun. He had the chat open, ready to write to her but then he stopped, something was blocking him.

He convinced himself that it was sleep that was finally coming, but most likely there was more behind it. He switched off the phone and went to bed. He slept ten hours straight, finally.