Like Romeo and Juliet

Y/n woke up startled because someone was ringing the doorbell. She jumped up, her head was still hurting, so she held it with her hands as she went downstairs. The doorbell was still ringing.
"Who is it?" she asked from inside Y/n, still holding the door closed.
"I've come to take you to Silverstone, your father sent me."
"My father?" Y/n opened the door, it was Christian's private chauffeur, she recognized him.
"Good morning Y/n, I think he sent you a message this morning, did you check your email?"
Y/n was still dazed from last night. She looked at herself, she still had her party dress on, yeah, but how had she made it all the way home? She had a huge void, but she would think about it later.

She closed the door, went up to her room, took out her cell phone and looked at her email.

Good morning, Y/n
it's race Sunday. Do you want to come and spend some time with your old man at Silverstone? I'll send you a car, you decide whether you come or not.
Dad

It seemed so bizarre to her, but at the same time she got excited, she could go back behind the scenes of what made her happiest in the world. She did not think much that she would be able to see Carlos, she thought about the roar of the cars and immediately got dressed.
She put on a pair of baggy jeans and a gray Lacoste sweatshirt, a pair of white sneakers, and dashed into the car that took her straight to Silverstone.
Once she got there, she closed her eyes, breathed heavily as from a distance she heard the roar of Formula 2 cars turning.

The driver handed her the RedBull Pass that allowed her to go anywhere, put it around her neck and used it to cross the Paddock entrance. She was home. She was alive.

She walked around aimlessly, looking around like a little girl the first time she entered Disneyland. She was amazed, her eyes were sparkling.

"Y/n!!!" She turned sharply, it was Lissie. They came to each other and hugged each other tightly.
"Hi Lissie!"
"You're back! We missed you a lot! How are you?"
"Well, fine now, this sport is my life."
"I understand it well, oh my God how glad I am to see you!" they hugged again. That girl was a gem in there, one of the goodest and purest souls in motorsport.
"I missed you so much too, I really did."
"This afternoon after the race I have to record an episode of my podcast, would you like to be my guest?"
"Absolutely! I can't wait, I've never done anything like that."
"You'll be great," they exchanged numbers, then parted ways.

Y/n continued to walk around the Paddock, some stared at her, some ignored her, some asked for a picture with her. In all cases, Y/n tried to be as polite as possible, continuing to walk, until she passed the Ferrari pit.

"I knew you would come" a voice from behind made her turn around; it was Charles with his usual sneaky look.
"My dad invited me" she smiled showing off her RedBull Paddock Pass.
"I'm glad about that, maybe this is the good time you can reconcile once and for all."

They kept some distance from each other, although it was very difficult to hear each other because of the noises all around them. So Charles signaled to her with his head to meet in the back, where no one would disturb them except the few insiders. They met again after a few minutes and they hugged each other. As they talked, Y/n saw out of the corner of her eye Carlos peeking out from the distance. He was almost ready for the race, had his suit fastened around his waist, his bib with ice and a towel around his neck. 

His hair was perfect, moving in rhythm with his steps, his mouth was slightly open and his gaze was focused and determined. They looked at each other, Carlos stood still, not expecting to see her at Silverstone, much less in the Ferrari hospitality area. He approached the two.

"Hey..." said Carlos seriously.
"Hi..." said Y/n
"Guys I have to go get ready for the race, see you later, okay?" Charles disappeared into thin air after uttering these sentences, leaving Y/n and Carlos alone.
"He always disappears, I hate him!" a smile escaped him.
"Yeah... anyway, I have to go to the RedBull pits now..." said Y/n
"That phrase sounds so familiar..." he smiled again as he looked down
"Yeah...it's like a dip in the past" her hands were shaking and she couldn't look him in the eyes
"It was a fun time, all things considered."
"Fun?" she looked up smiling "it was one of the most stressful periods ever, and I've been through some shitty ones" she smiled bitterly. 

They were silent for a while, neither of them knowing how to continue, yet neither of them wanted to separate from the other. Then Y/n began to speak.
"Remember when I found you eating in the RedBull hospitality?" she smiled and saw Carlos' eyes light up.
"I wasn't eating, I was drinking tea that was offered to me" he said. "I also remember you were mad at me!"
"Of course I was, I told you you couldn't stay there" both smiled and looked into each other's eyes, the world around had disappeared. It was the two of them again. 
"And do you remember when you snuck behind the podium just to hug me?"
"You are so wrong! I didn't want to hug you at all!"
"Yes, but you did anyway" Carlos was letting go, he hated it, but he couldn't help it, he felt good.
"You were all sweaty, it was disgusting, you stank to high heaven" Y/n went back months, back to when it had all just begun, back to when neither of them knew where all that would lead, back to when the only thing that mattered was seeing each other, knowing each other, discovering each other, desiring each other. She felt that same first-time excitement, that feeling that makes you feel alive, eager to get to know the other, to be known by the other.
Carlos felt the same.

"I won't apologize for the stench of my sweat" he shrugged as he laughed, how beautiful he was when he smiled, he radiated light.
"Well, if I snuck out to see you, you came all the way to London just to visit me."
Carlos immediately became serious, the subject of London always saddened him, it was what he missed most of all.

"it was beautiful, don't you think?" he said
"yes, it was..." Y/n also suddenly changed her expression, becoming serious as well.
"We were like Romeo and Juliet..."
"Yeah...you're right."
Carlos lowered his gaze; he had a bitter smile on his lips, one that exuded sadness from a kilometer away.

"How are you after last night? Have you recovered?" he looked into her eyes, she looked better, although she was still thin.

"Much better, thank you. Did I call you yesterday? Sorry I remember practically nothing, I don't even remember how I got home" she laughed but was really embarrassed, she had never gotten so drunk that she lost her memory.

"Yes you called me" she smiled "but I was already in bed, so I asked Charles to pick you up and take you home."

"Oh...so it was Charles...Strange that he didn't ask me how I was before."

Carlos shrugged, obviously Charles knew nothing of what had happened the night before between the two of them, but Carlos had panicked, she was not supposed to know that he had helped her. Carlos couldn't bear the idea of being seen as weak by her, after all, he had made a decision and it had to stay that way. However, every single time he saw Y/n, his pride went to hell and he just wanted to hug her and pretend nothing had happened. On the other side, the rational side, the side that had brought him all the way to Ferrari knew that that relationship was detrimental to him, that jealousy was consuming him. The dark side of that relationship was transforming him and he could not afford it.

"Sorry if I woke you up, then. Charles is such a dear friend...I really have to go now"
"Yeah, sure...I'll see you around" the two looked at each other for the last time, both wanting to hug, kiss, fuck in some empty room, like in the old days, but everything was different now.
"See ya..." Y/n turned and walked back to the main walkway of the Paddock.

Direction: RedBull pits