Chapter 24: Cursed by Loneliness

Start from the beginning

Dawn stayed quiet for a moment before nodding, his gray eyes directly assaulted the spirit queen.

Dawn : You are slowly losing your power and falling from grace aren't you.

At his words, Ramiris's eyes widened...her body flinched as she wondered how this boy got this information.

Dawn : I will engage myself to protect this labyrinth and you when you will need it.

Ramiris : Protection, huh...but you should know that Guy Crimson has promised me the same things, right...

Dawn : I do but there are things he won't do while I can...

Ramiris : And what would that be ?

Dawn : You are lonely aren't you...

Once again Ramiris was speechless...this boy was acting way too out of character.

Closing her mouth, Ramiris sighed...the curse of immortality, people cursed with loneliness.

Ramiris : I see, very well, may I know your name first ?

Dawn : I am Dawn...the girl with me is Ria Muth, the former princess of Muth.

Ramiris : Muth, huh...I heard the kingdom has fallen through a revolution...

Dawn : I can explain all of it later.

Nodding, Ramiris understood and smiled warmly...Dawn didn't want to continue this further when they already agreed on terms.

He looked back as Ria was peaking through the open door...she was clearly worried and Dawn didn't want to make her wait longer.

Ramiris : Well, i'll transport you two in a separate room, you can rest assured there as not even i will pray into it.

Dawn : Thank you...

Bowing a little, Dawn's words were sincere...during the 2 weeks of travel to reach Ungracia and the 7 weeks of survival there before they came to the Dwelling.

A lot of things happened...Dawn was mentally tired and couldn't be more thankful toward the spirit queen.

Ramiris smiled before sending them away...she then went back to her own room waiting patiently for her two new guests to recover.

A smile forms on her lips as Ramiris remembers the good times she had after those two humans came into her life.

Ramiris : I guess I was really lonely...

Training them, sharing stories, meals...trying to understand this over complex mind of Dawn...all this was fun.

But what really made Ramiris's time was seeing both of them grow up...reach humans majority their strength and mentality.

Ramiris : Come to think...Dawn is really an anomaly...

Closing her eyes again, she remembered another scene.

A few weeks has passed since Dawn and Ria joined Ramiris in her lonely life.

Ria and Ramiris have warmed up since then and actually became good friends, on the side Dawn could see them like a mother and daughter duo.

They have been training for the last few days and Ria was showing clear progress while Dawn was struggling.

Mainly because his body has yet to be used to its own power...before Snowie was there to regulate everything.

And while Dawn tried to be autonome on his own, he still took the habit and got used to Snowie's control.

Seeing his struggle, Ramiris thought about a solution and got an idea...today they will go into the deepest part of the labyrinth where you can summon all sorts of spirits.