Love Someone

Aaliyah

Today we are filming the video for "Love Someone" and I couldn't be more agitated. The media has been in a frenzy lately with me and Drake, trying to figure out what was going on with us. Anyone who knows me, knows I hate this type of stuff! I hate my personal life becoming the topic of conversation. Dada and Rashad are here with me and they were trying to cheer me up but it isn't working. I just didn't want to be bothered. I snapped on Drake earlier and I could tell he felt some type of way about it.

K: Girl, take your ass over there and apologize!

A: (sighs) I really don't want to Dada. I just want to get this over with

K: Liyah, you were mean earlier. All he wanted to do was ask you out to dinner

A: I don't think that's a good idea right now

K: Lee, that's your friend. Fuck what anybody else say. And you know you like him. Don't lose out on a good thing because of the past

A: (sighs/looks at Drake) I was kinda rude

K: KINDA? (short laugh)

A: Shut up! (hits her/laughs)

K: Hell, if you're uncomfortable, me and Rashad will come

R: (walks up) Where we going? (bites apple)

K: (shaking her head) Ugh!

R: What?

I laughed before I looked back over at Drake. He had headphones in and was bobbing his head while looking at the scenes we had already shot. I took a deep breath before walking over to him. He was so caught up in the music that he didn't notice me at first. So I walked in between his legs and stood there with my hands in my jacket, giving him my best puppy dog eyes. I twisted a little so that my leg hit his thigh. He looked up and took his headphones off.

Drake

I was in the zone when I felt something hit my leg. I looked up and Liyah was standing there with her lip poked out and sad eyes. I took my headphones off.

D: (still a little hurt) What's up?

A: I sorry. You forgive me?

I looked at her for a minute. Gosh, she is beautiful. Everything about her is absolutely perfect. I've been trying to turn up the heat a little bit but with all the media attention, I knew it was going to be hard. There's absolutely nothing that she can do that I won't forgive, but I decided to play with her a little bit.

D: Naw, I'm good

A: (mouth falls open) Are you serious?

D: Yes, I'm so serious right now

A: That's cool, be that way (turns like she's about to walk off)

I was about to grab her hand when she turned back around and jumped into my arms. She wrapped her arms around my head and started singing. I laughed and tried to pretend like I was trying to pull her off me. When she was finished singing she laid her head on top me mine.

A: I'm sorry!

D: (laughs/wraps arms around her waist) Okay, okay, okay

A: (pulls back to look at him) So you forgive me?

D: Yesss, I forgive you

A: (hops down off him/stays in his arms) As far as going to dinner with you, yes, I will go but only if Dada and Rashad can come

D: Of course, that's no problem at all

For a minute we were stuck there in that moment. Her looking at me smiling. Me with my arms around her waist, smiling back at her. Dada came over and cleared her throat.

K: Damn yall cute as hell together!

D, A: (laughs)

A: (pulls away from Drake) What's up?

K: Hype wants you to come shoot the next scene

A: Okay, here I come (turns back to Drake) See you later?

D: Most def

I watched her walk away, already preparing in my mind plans for dinner. Tonight had to be perfect because I wanted to show her that we could act like normal people. I had to show her that we could be together without a circus.