You ☆ Hoax Chaos [Part 1]

Começar do início

And then again with the most perfect timing, Mammon arrived right after you and Satan decided to compromise and just go with the plain circle mould. "Oi oi oi, the Great Mammon have arrived–!"

"Hey Mammon, nice to see you." Except you didn't even spare a single glace for him, focusing all your attention on pouring the mixture into the mould. After your very sleep-deprived night, you felt agitated and tired like all your energy had been sucked dry. It wasn't like you hadn't stayed up all night before... but the accumulated stress in addition to the two hours of sleep you received last night all built up to create this very easily irritated and spiritless human. Was this how Belphegor felt all the time?

"What are ya doing?" Mammon peaked at the cake that had just entered the oven, "Smells good."

"Chocolate cake; it'll be finished soon," Satan responded for you while you stifled a yawn. Goodness, you were going to drop out anytime if this goes on. You were exhausted.

Mammon ignored Satan's reply. His focus immediately whirled around to you at your tired gesture. His steps were curt and swift, arriving in front of you before you could even blink—truly deserving of the title of the fastest demon. Hesitantly, he stroked the bottom of your eyes as if he were seeing if the black marks could be rubbed of. "Hey... have ya been sleepin' at all??"

No.

Instead of answering, you gently moved his hand away with a lazy smile. "Thanks for your concern Mammon, I'm alright."

Last night you were caught by Leviathan when you returned to your room after you visited the attic (which was a fairly awkward visit since you fell asleep beside Belpheghor's attic the day before yesterday). The excuse you gave Leviathan was that you could not fall asleep so you decided to go on a walk. With that, he pulled you over into his room to game... as reluctant as you were.

But despite your reassurance that you were okay, the concern in his eyes did not disappear.

"I'm really alright, Mammon," you told him one last time before wiping down the countertop. "If you have time, you can help me and Satan clean up."

His eyes never left you as he joined the two of you in the clean-up. With the two demons' help, it wasn't long before the kitchen was as spotless as when you just arrived—on that note, Beelzebub arrived through the door right at that moment and panic ensued.

Captivated by the smell of freshly baked cake, a dangerous creature entered the kitchen in search of the source. His ravenous eyes trailed across the room, before, at last, he found the treasure he was looking for. The oven sounded with a ding, indicating that the cake had finished baking. The starving creature darted towards it before the guards could even react–

"......"

You coughed.

All three of you finally realized the severity of the situation after a few silent seconds; quickly stepping into action.

"NO BEEL!"

"MAMMON STOP HIMM!"

"IF HE GETS TO IT THERE WILL BE NOTHING LEFT–! All that hard work... I don't even think there is any remaining Hoax Chocolate left...."

Mammon raced in front of Beelzebub to take the cake before him. "No Beel, don't, you can't–"

Unfortunately for him, his younger brother was far bigger and stronger than him (physically). In his last futile attempt to save the cake, he threw it across the room to where you and Satan were standing.

.... More unfortunately, the freshly baked cake flew right into Satan's face.

You stepped away from him hastily as a foreboding feeling sank into you. Oh god no.

Mammon took one glace at the chocolate-smeared face of Satan before fleeing out of the kitchen like his life depended on it—which, ironically, was true. His life really did depend on if he managed to escape from Satan's rage or not.

Rest in peace, Mammon. You will be missed.

You mumbled a silent prayer for his life before your attention was ripped back to Beelzebub VERY RAVENOUSLY lunging for the cake that had fallen onto the ground. "NO BEEL NO! SIT!!" You shouted, borrowing the power of your pact. Even though you have yet to have stable control of the pact, you still used it since it was an emergency.

Beelzebub fell to the floor with a thump at your command.

"Here..." You grabbed a piece of normal chocolate from your pocket. "Have this instead. Don't eat something that is on the floor. It's filthy."

He happily accepted the food but his stomach still growled like thunder. You sighed, opening the fridge to see if there was anything he could eat that wasn't one of his brothers' pudding or the cake on the floor.

"Hmm, what about this?" You handed him a custard cake that you had bought the other day for your own enjoyment. "This is mine so your brother shouldn't get angry about it. Just eat this for now if you're hungry. I'll clean up the mess.."

With a grateful thanks, he stuffed it into his mouth, strutting out of the room.

You sighed again, completely exhausted. It was a disappointment, really. You had wanted to bake a chocolate cake for Belphegor while also helping to ease his mind. These days, something seemed off about him... almost like there was a worry weighing him down. There was no way he could sleep peacefully like that. So, you decided to make this for him, but it was impossible now. The cake was ruined, there was no Haox Chocolate left, and a raging Satan was running rampage. You'll just have to do with buying a chocolate cake from Madame Scream's.

Argh, you really wanted to give him a homemade cake but...

***

"Belphie~!"

"You're here."

It was midnight again. The House of Lamentation was mostly asleep except for you and Belphegor. The seventh-born had gotten so used to your late-night visits that he would be wide awake by the time you got there. At the start, you would always intrude during his sleep. But now...? It was almost like he was waiting for your visits every night

Your head was pounding as you arrived in front of the attic. "I've brought you some Grave Chocolate Cake from Madam Scream! I heard it's really good~!"

"Mhm... Thanks."

He took the delicately decorated cake from your hands. His fingers brushed yours slightly as he did so. As his eyes met yours, his expression shifted. "What's wrong...? Why do you look so down?"

How did he notice? You were pretty sure you hid it well.

"O-oh, it's nothing! Really!"