Chapter Five- The Morning of Station Day

Start from the beginning

Faces lit up at the idea of a possible fight. Mine did too. I know I'm going to kick his scrawny ass.

For an hour, we went to the shooting ring and practiced while moving. Although it went well, some of them were shaky, including the Dauntless-born. This overall made me worried because they should already know how to do this sort of thing.

Minutes later, we let Eric's group have the shooting ring and switched gears to the punching bags. Everyone lined up in front of a target and started hitting away to show us what they got. Lucas and I walked around, pointing out anything major that needed to be fixed.

However, one person caught my attention once again: Albert.

"What's wrong, Al?"

Albert turned around, a shocked look overcoming his face.

"I'm fine."

"No you're not?"

Alber sighed.

"Why?"

He then turned toward me hesitantly before speaking, "Well, my first fight I fought Will and knocked him out. And, I felt really bad. So, I thought I could keep losing and somehow manage to slip into the second stage."

I sighed, "Well, that's not working for you right now, since you are on the low side of the rankings. The first fight is always going to be the worst only because it's the first time you have done it. If you are going to quit now because of this, than you might as well leave. And I'm sure you don't want that."

I walked away, not really sure if I fully got through to him.

"Hey Adelaide!"

I look over to Molly, who seemed to have an idea of her own.

"Yes?"

"You owe us a fight."

Other initiates looked between Lucas and I with amusement and excitement.

I looked over to Lucas, "Are you ready?"

Lucas smiled, "Always will be."

I nodded, "Initiates! Gather around the ring."

In one quick sweep, the eager initiates circled around us, waiting for us to start.

Lucas and I entered the ring while taking our jackets off.

"Ready?" Lucas questioned, getting into stance.

I smile, "When you are!"

We started off by circling each other, sizing up one another. We stared at each other with a look that was meant to kill whoever store at us. That was the thing about the both of us: even though we were gracious about our opportunities and early successes, our egos got in the way of each other constantly. Consider it friendly competition.

Lucas was the first to advanced first, attempting a right hook aimed for my jaw. Typical. I dodged easily and jabbed my pointer and middle finger right into the center of his throat, in which caused him to instantly choke and gasp for air. I took the opportunity to "sweep him off his feet" by swiftly kicking the back of his knees, in which made a thud.

As I was about to go for a kick in the stomach, he had recovered and grabbed my leg and jolted me forward, my body landing on the ground flat. My stunned state caused Lucas to quickly straddle my hips and pin my arms down beside my head. I huffed loudly, frustrated by not being able to dodge something so elementary.

"Give up?" He taunted.

I smirked, "Do you?"

Since I am taller than him, I was able to use my flexibility to kick him in the spinal column area between the base of his neck and top of his back. He gritted his teeth, but did not budge.