Arc 1, Chapter 8: Shrouded in Darkness.

Beginne am Anfang

Balloon felt his grip loosening on his arms, as he slowly accepted the hug Nickel had been giving him. And burry his face into the other boy, as he cried softly. This felt better than he ever could have thought.

Nickel gently nuzzled into him again. And chuckled slightly. "Don't squeeze too hard, you might suffocate me faster than the hypothermia kicks in!"

Balloon made a small laugh through his cries. The snow slowly began to melt away and disappear.

Nickel felt Balloon's wings slowly close around him too, as if it was a second pair of arms for a hug. It felt warm. It felt real. He could tell Balloon had needed this for a long long time. The poor boy was shaking and hyperventilating still, but at the same time seemed so relieved and content with the affection. It was almost as if he craved it, like he was holding on for dear life.

"I can go grab some breakfast for us if you're hungry...?" Nickel asked in a soft voice.

Balloon stayed silent for a little longer. "That... That would be nice..." He muttered, his last tears falling down his face.

"Alright, I'll go get some." Nickel properly stood up straight and turned to the door. "I'll also get some painkillers for your wings." He have a little more of a smile.

"O-okay... thank you..."

Nicke turned to exit the room. Still clueless to if his apology had been accepted or not, but, he knew he didn't deserve it, even if Balloon did accept his apology. He continued down the now clear of snow hallway.

———

Lightbulb burst through the hotel doors with a little spin. "Heyy guys! Check it out! I grew wings and Baxter turned into a Crab dragon— dra- c- crab— CRAGON! Yeah... Cragon!"

Paintbrush walked in slightly behind Lightbulb wide eyed, and their bristles a mess due to the winds.

"I'm sorry, WHAT...?!" Test Tube dropped what she was doing.

Fan tensed up and put his hands in front of himself defensively. "Oh no... No no no! I am not getting flung again!"

Test Tube examined Lightbulb. And saw Lightbulb's glowing eyes. "Gosh... Your eyes...!" Test Tube looked astonished. "I need to go grab my equipment—! I'll be back!" She quickly ran towards the door, but was knocked over by Baxter trying to cram itself through the door.

Baxter eventually managed to get inside the lobby without breaking anything. Everyone stood out of the way. Some of the others started screaming, especially Salt, and Pepper.

Lightbulb did a goofy laugh and waved at Baxter. "I told ya to wait outside— But that works too! Hahah!"

Baxter laid down in the middle of the Lobby. Which helped keep the roof in tact.

 Which helped keep the roof in tact