𝟬𝟬𝟰. ❛ your first thought ❜

Start from the beginning

she hums first. "well, i wasn't scavenging for alcohol," she then explains, turning around to face the soda fountains she never finished getting anything from. "i was just looking at it."

"of course not," matt agrees sarcastically, coming to stand next to the girl with his glass in hand. maisie glances at him in the corner of her eye and then when the pair make eye contact, she instantly pays attention to her glass instead and moves it under the sprite fountain. "couldn't be trusted with it anyways."

as maisie holds down the button, she looks over to him and narrows her eyes. "you think that's the funniest thing in the world to bring up, don't you?"

he only smiles at her as he brings the blunt he's been keeping in one of his hands to his lips. "i do."

maisie scoffs at his response, letting go of the fountain button and turning directly towards him to grab the blunt from his lips before he can get a good hit. she then brings it to her mouth instead and immediately feels satisfied at matt's reaction. as she sucks in the smoke, his jaw ticks. "make your jokes then," she says once she's inhaled her puff, innocently handing it out to him and blowing all the smoke out in his face once he reaches for it. "'cause it's never happening again."

he blinks and maisie truly loves herself for making his face look so stupid right now. after he's picked the blunt from her fingertips, she quickly grabs her glass of sprite without the intent of staying. she makes a b line for the door, but matt's voice stops her. "mason," he says.

after pausing her steps, she slowly spins back around. matt still stands in front of the fountain machine, but with his attention on her and his free hand resting on the surface of the table to balance his weight. she sighs and takes the same steps she took back so that they are stood face-to-face. "what?"

"if i wanted to deal with people hitting my shit," he raises his hand from the table as he takes a step forward, eyes flickering over her features as her eyes bore into him. "i would have gone backstage."

she merely resists a roll of her eyes. with a growing smirk, she challenges him. "what are you gonna do?" she asks. "cry?"

"nah," he shakes his head shortly, seeming to debate his next words for a moment before he speaks again. "actually, i was wondering.." he softens his voice as his expression grows into a mischievous one, his eyes momentarily trailing along her body before he looks back to her eyes. at this, maisie's eyes narrow, so matt slowly raises the blunt he has held in his hand up to his lips and begins to suck. after he's inhaled, he gives her a devilish smirk that she feels could electrocute her. "if alcohol makes you sleep with me, i wonder if drugs have the same effect."

maisie scoffs at his question, wishing to land a punch between his wandering eyes as she gives him a dirty once over and takes a step towards him. matt only seems to grow more amused by the second, adding to her frustration. "they don't," she answers seriously.

"really?" he replies quietly, dragging the single word out as she wants to slap the sly look on his face off. he grins lazily at her as he allows his eyes to unashamedly travel down her body once again. this time his eyes linger until she clears her throat, and when he looks back up to the daggers her eyes shoot at him, his grin remains the same as he tilts his head just slightly at the girl.

it's at the same moment that maisie suddenly feels hot, that she realizes what he is attempting to do here. quickly, she takes ahold of herself by adjusting the collar of her shirt and looking away from him as she manages a mumble, "stop trying to seduce me."

he breathily laughs at that, causing her to look back at him. "excuse me, mason?" he says, straightening his stance. "i'm not trying to seduce you," he says, visibly rolling his eyes once he uses her choice of words. she ignores this as he then smirks again, this time just slightly as he suggests, "you clearly just struggle with controlling yourself around me."