iv. scared of the dark

"Okay. In here." Y/n pulled Wanda into her dorm room, where it was safe and private. After finding out that they were the same, the two decided to skip the rest of the day and retreated to her dorm because they knew they were going to talk about it for hours.

The blonde roamed around the room, idly gazing at the posters on the wall. Y/n was in the bathroom, opting to wash her face to maybe get rid of the stress.

She quickly sprinted out of the bathroom, facing Wanda again. "I don't even know where to start," Y/n admitted, deciding to stand in the middle of the room. "Okay, let me ask you this... is your name really Gwanda? Or Wanda?"

The new girl looked at her, her resolve crumbling. She sighed in defeat. "Okay. You got me. It's not Wanda– nor Gwanda. My name is Gwen Stacy."

Y/n let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, looking away and pacing. "Okay," she breathed. "Okay."

"I didn't tell you my real name because the truth is... I'm from another dimension," Gwen explained, fiddling with her fingers. "I was fighting this bad guy when all of a sudden there's this portal that I got sucked into and landed me in New York– but not my New York."

"How long have you been here?"

"A week."

"And why did you decide to go to Visions?"

"My spidey-senses told me to," Gwen easily replied, "I wasn't sure why, until I met... someone like me," she answered.

Y/n went silent after that, contemplating her next words until apparently, Gwen beat her to it.

"So, you're Spider-Lily, I assume? I saw it on the billboards. I can't believe there are two other spider-people here," Gwen's brow raised in curiosity.

"Yeah," she said. "Spider-Man's my dad..." She shook her head, trying to refocus. "Hold on, I'm still not quite caught up with the situation. What you just encountered was literally straight out of a quantum physics book! So we're talking about multiverses! Multiple dimensions, multiple versions of us!" She couldn't wrap her mind around it, even if she tried.

"You sounded just like my friend back in my world just now," Gwen pointed out, but with a somber smile.

Hearing that made Y/n's heart skip a beat. Her friend. "And may I ask... what their name is?" She didn't mean to ask, but if she shared names with Gwen's apparent best friend, then surely she would've known who she was by now.

"Oh. Their name... was Peter. Peter Parker." Gwen's eyes casted downwards.

"Wait, what," Y/n gasped. Was? Peter Parker?

So it really was different.

Gwen suddenly turned to her. "Is there a Peter Parker in here? Have you met him?" Her eyes sparkled with hope.

Y/n didn't know how to address this properly, so she just went straight to it. "He's Spider-Man. My name is Y/n Parker."

"Oh," she said slowly as if she felt enlightened. "That's... crazy."

"Tell me about it."

Gwen looked at her, like really looked at her— then it clicked. "Ah! You're Y/n L/n in my dimension!"

"Y/n L/n?"

The blonde chuckled. "Yeah. She goes to my school. One of the sane people who stood up for Peter when Ned Leeds got too close to him. It's a version of you now that I realized," she admitted, brushing a hand through her hair.

Y/n saw the way Gwen grimaced before noticing the large handprint left on her scalp. She knew those marks all too well. "Oh, let me help you with that."