Chapter 15: Amira's POV

Start from the beginning

I slowly look up through my lashes, knowing that I look as vulnerable as ever. There's something that causes me not to worry about being vulnerable around Asher. I can feel that he won't judge me.

"You could never intrude. My family loves you. Please just come for atleast tonight. I really don't want you here by yourself." The gentle, caring way he is talking to me makes me want to jump into his arms. I nod without thinking about it.

I go up and pack a bag quickly, throwing in things without looking.

The truth is, I'm relived I don't have to be alone for a bit. When I'm in this house with no one else, my thoughts wander. I start to think about Logan, and how he could show up at any moment. I start to worry about the fact that I can't protect myself if he did end up walking through the door. I sleep with a bat next to my bed,  just in case.

By going to Asher's house it will give my brain a break. A break from worrying, from fearing constantly.

I go downstairs with a bag on my back where Asher is waiting on his phone. He is leaning on the doorframe, his head almost hitting the top of it.

We leave the house and start the walk to his. I remember to lock the door, triple checking it. A few times.

We chat about the most random of topics on the way there. He even makes me laugh a couple of times. Not just a little chuckle, but a full on belly laugh.

His mum answers the door when we get to his modest, but nice house. His front yard makes it obvious that there is a happy family living there. A trampoline is visible above the tall hedge that aligns his house. There is a pool that you can see when you walk into his property that has beach chairs and volleyballs around it. A picture perfect family.

"Hi sweetheart. How are you?" Her motherly warmth radiates off her, and when she hugs me I can smell her expensive floral perfume all over her.

"I'm good. How are you?" I keep a smile on my face trying to match her energy.

"I'm great honey. We were just about to eat. Come on in you two." I walk into his house for the first time to see a clean, modern interior. It looks lived in though, with Asher's brothers shoes and clothes thrown on the couch facing the TV.

Asher leans down and whispers in my ear, "You're probably going to be asked a ton of questions as soon as you walk in there," He laughs softly and I smile.

Once we get to the kitchen, Asher's statement is proven right. His little brother runs up to me and stands in front of us, seemingly inspecting me.

"Finn, this is Amira. You knew her very briefly when you were little." Asher looks tired of Finn already.

"Hi." I say, trying to hide my shyness. He's a 7 year old boy, for gods sake.

"Are you Asher's girlfriend?" He giggles and I hear Asher let out a small, irritated groan.

"Finn, shut up." Asher cuts him off, embarrassed and I let out a laugh.

"Just saying!" Finn runs to the dinner table and takes a seat, proud of himself.

"He doesn't make sense sometimes." Asher looks at me and sighs, making his way to the table too.

I go with him and sit down. His dad is at the head of the table, with his mum to the right of him. You can feel the love that this family has for each other. Family dinners are a privilege that I lost long ago. If only Finn and Asher knew how lucky they were.

Dinner is through without any awkward moments, with Finn asking me a ton of random questions that I answer with as much grace as I can.

Asher leads me to his room and I sit down on his double bed, taking a look around.

He has album posters filling his wall, and pictures of him and his friends in every spare space. His hoodies are thrown all over the place and his many colognes are in a neat line on his white desk. He has a navy bed that takes up half the room.

"You can sleep here, I'll sleep on the couch." I try to protest, not okay with me stealing his own bed in his house.

He cuts me off, "It's really okay. I do it all the time." I study his face, trying to pick out any sign of him lying to me. Any pointer that he doesn't want to sacrifice his own sleep for mine. I see nothing but sincerity in his face.

————————————————

A/N
Sorry it's been a while since my last update!! I was in a bit of a slump, because I have been so busy with friends and family. It's almost Christmas!! Thank you so much for over 1k reads!! I love you all so much, thank you for giving my story a chance.

Wc: 1491 words.
Not edited