Chapter 92: Sleep early tonight; don't wait for me

Start from the beginning

Nan Yi hesitated, frowning, "Where are you? Aren't you inside?"

"Mhm, I'm in the car."

"What about Yun Luo? Is he with you?" Nan Yi inquired further.

"No, he's gone home."

"Gone home? Doesn't he live in City A?"

"Well, technically. This is his ancestral home. He might stay here for a few days but will return to City A for work." He Yu Shen explained patiently.

Just after explaining, he added, "You never ask about me." There was a hint of hurt in his tone.

"What's there to ask? You never go home. Little Bao, should we lock daddy out when he returns?"

He Si Yi, who couldn't comprehend the conversation, looked at Nan Yi and laughed joyously.

Upon hearing this, He Yu Shen became flustered, "Yi Yi, I promise I'll be back tomorrow morning."

"Hmph! I don't want to hear it."

"I miss you so much. When I get back, I'll take a week off to spend with just you and Little Bao. Please, don't be upset."

It had been a long time since He Yu Shen had been away from his doting wife. He yearned to see Nan Yi soon.

"I won't listen, you're a liar."

After saying that, even Nan Yi was taken aback at how childlike their conversation sounded.

"Yi Yi~"

The voice of the alpha and the blare of a horn sounded simultaneously.

"Make sure to sleep early. I'll hang up now."

"Mhm."

"So, I'm really hanging up now?"

"Oh, just hang up already!"

"Sleep well. When you wake up, I'll be right beside you."

A deep, raspy, and seductive voice echoed from the phone, sounding even more captivating than if it were spoken directly into one's ear.

"I know."

After a lengthy conversation, Alpha waited a few seconds, but there was no disconnection from the other end. Nan Yi, hearing the intense noise of heavy rain from the phone, took the initiative to end the call with He Yu Shen.

Knowing that He Yu Shen wouldn't return tonight, Nan Yi carried Little Bao upstairs a bit earlier.

It was still early, and neither Nan Yi nor Little Bao felt sleepy; both were full of energy.

Unable to sleep, Nan Yi spotted a storybook that He Yu Shen had bought for Little Bao. Putting his phone aside, he picked up the book and lay down with Little Bao.

"Once upon a time, there was a little rabbit who didn't like carrots but preferred to eat flower petals..."

Omega's soft and gentle voice filled the room, sweetly melodic and enchanting.

The little omega in his arms was quiet, waving his small hand around, occasionally brushing against the soft lips reading the storybook.

After reading a line, Omega would tenderly kiss the tiny fingers.

The little touches made the young omega even happier.

As Nan Yi continued to read, drowsiness overtook him, making his eyelids heavy.

By the time he reached the end of the third short story, he couldn't keep his eyes open any longer.

The little omega in his embrace was already asleep. Nan Yi snuggled closer to the center of the bed, holding Little Bao for the first time as they slept together.

During the night, a chilly breeze accompanied by a light rain arose. Although winter had passed, the weather remained gloomy and cold.

The persistent drizzle and the foggy night obscured the approaching vehicle at the entrance. Only the two bright headlights were visible, resembling enormous flashlights.

The car halted beside the main gate. The alpha stepping out stood tall, donned in a black overcoat, his stern face marked with indifference.

Alpha glanced at the darkened house, a trace of a smile lighting up his otherwise impassive face, his lips slightly curving up.

Turning on his phone's flashlight, Alpha moved towards the house in the rain-soaked, silent night, his pace quickening with each step.

Upon reaching the house, he smoothly took out a key from his pocket and unlocked the tightly shut front door.

The living room was pitch-dark. He Yu Shen didn't bother with the lights, heading straight for the stairs to the second floor, where motion-activated lights illuminated his path.

He bypassed the closed bedroom door, entering the room next to it. Once inside, Alpha softly shut the door behind him.

Roughly ten minutes later, the door opened again.

He Yu Shen, now in a bathrobe, emerged. He opened the bedroom door so gently that it made only a faint 'click.'