Chapter 89: Nan Zhi's affection is for Lin Qiuwu!

Start from the beginning

Nan Zhi turned around, revealing Lin Qiuwu, Yun Luo's childhood friend, standing beside him.

Nan Yi's intended questions froze upon seeing the two together.

Why was Nan Zhi with Yun Luo's friend? And what was that about liking someone? A fever? Didn't Nan Zhi return to win over He Yushen? Could he actually have feelings for Lin Qiuwu?

"You have feelings for him?"

In shock, Nan Yi stared at the face so similar to his own.

The evident blush on those round, lovely eyes confirmed Nan Yi's suspicions.

Equally stunned, Nan Zhi looked bewildered.

His surprise wasn't due to Nan Yi but because of the omega in Nan Yi's arms.

"You like him?" Nan Yi repeated in astonishment.

As he spoke, Xiao Wang's car pulled up to the main gate, honking to alert Nan Yi.

Nan Yi knew now wasn't the time for these discussions.

"Nan Zhi! You're not to sell our mother's house! Remember to unblock my number," he quickly said, turning and running toward the main gate.

Nan Zhi stood still, watching Nan Yi leave in the car, remaining stunned for quite some time.

The alpha behind him was already growing impatient. Hearing the faint footsteps receding, Nan Zhi snapped back to reality.

"Lin Qiuwu, I told you Yun Jian has caught a cold. Aren't you going to check on him?" The voice was deep and husky, with a trembling undertone.

Hearing the omega's voice on the verge of tears, Lin Qiuwu's irritation grew. He coldly retorted, "If he has a cold, take him to the hospital. I'm not a doctor."

"Please, just look at him. He's started calling out for 'dad,' and that was his first word." Nan Zhi's voice was soft, as if he anticipated any further words would be futile, but there was a glimmer of hope in his eyes as he gazed at the tall silhouette of the alpha.

"I'm busy."

"This is the last time I'm saying this - don't come here again." The tone was as frigid as ever.

Standing still, Nan Zhi hesitated before whispering, "You deleted me from WeChat, and I couldn't contact you... Can you add me back?"

"Understood."

Lin Qiuwu turned around irritably, met with the sight of red-rimmed eyes cautiously fixed on him. This made him even more agitated.

"Is there still money in your card?" His tone dripping with disdain.

"Yes, there is."

Even though the alpha's tone was far from kind, Nan Zhi's heart fluttered at the mere inquiry.

"If you have the money, take him to the hospital for a check-up. It's just a minor cold, not a big deal. Instead of coming to me, you should've hurried him to the hospital."

Lin Qiuwu's brows were furrowed, his voice filled with annoyance.

The slight upturn of Nan Zhi's lips froze.

Lin Qiuwu turned and walked away, leaving the omega standing there for what seemed like an eternity.

A tear the size of a pearl slid down his cheek. He wiped it away absentmindedly, dampening the fabric of his shirt, while the silhouette of the alpha had long vanished.

Nan Zhi took one long, lingering look at the place where Lin Qiuwu had disappeared before flagging down a taxi.

Nan Yi rushed to the hospital with Xiao Bao, undergoing various checks and measuring his temperature. Eventually, the doctor informed them it wasn't serious.

It was just a mild cold accompanied by a fever.

"Does he need medication?" Nan Yi finally felt relieved.

"No need. When you return home, ensure the room temperature stays around 24 degrees Celsius. Let him drink more warm water, but make sure it's not too hot for the child. A comfortable temperature will suffice."

The doctor glanced at Nan Yi, whose face had turned somewhat pale from anxiety. Picking up a pen from the table, he said, "If you're still concerned, I can prescribe some medicine for you. If the fever doesn't subside by evening, you can also try a warm bath to help bring it down."

"Also, make sure he doesn't catch a chill in the next few days, lest it worsens."

Without looking up, the doctor handed the written note to Nan Yi.

He freed one hand to take it.

"First, pay the bill, then collect the medicine."

Holding the note, Nan Yi, carrying the little omega, headed to make the payment and collect the medicine.

When Little Wang picked them up, Nan Yi kept touching He Siyi's forehead in the car, fearing the fever might intensify.