"I'm sorry. It's really the adrenaline talking. I'm just surprised..." I said. "Blaine seems to have everyone in the family wrapped around his pinky finger. You haven't even met him and you'd kill me for him."

Mabel's body relaxed, her shoulders sinking and her stance crumbling. "Well, I mean, I'm sure whoever he is, he's a sweet kid to have even gotten you to fall for him, and Father to take him as his own, huh?"

"Well, I'll introduce you all one day. He's rather shy."

"Well, I heard the stories from the boys, that time you got them to raid a house with you. They saw a boy, but they didn't dare to look too long, apparently. Your anger was making their eyelids freeze shut and nobody dared to take a second glance." Mabel commented. "Please don't accidentally freeze everyone to death. You're young. You still have a lot to learn."

"Yes. I know. Thank you, senior."

She smiled, and left the area, having successfully cleaned out a rebelling group.

I stared down at my palm, watching silently as drops of blood oozed from the 5 indents caused by my nails. My anger was palpable, still simmering from within me. If anyone talked to me right now I'd probably lop off their heads. Mabel was lucky she left when she did. Fucking bitch.

I swung my gun in a loop, letting it circle my finger before clasping it again.

Since our mission was unofficially over, I gave all the corpses on the floor a bullet each. I had no use for spares now that none of our enemies were alive to die.

"Lima!" A guy from Leon's group rushed in. "You'll want to see this."

The gunshots from the corpse shooting let me vent my anger by a little, so I smiled again, vision still blindingly golden. "See what?"

I followed him out, only to see a knocked out man trussed up on the ground, reminding me of a chicken.

Leon silently slipped beside me. "I found him stuck in the basements. Saw the hair. Wanted you to check."

The man had white hair.

If he was old, it'd be excusable, but he seemed to be around 40 years old.

Ignoring all decorum or sanitation, I squatted down and peeled open the man's eyelids, inspecting his eye colour. He was too knocked out for me to see anything other than the whites of his eyes, so I sighed and let go.

I had the idea to gouge them out, but on the off chance that this man was somehow related to Blaine, I couldn't do anything.

"So you think because of his hair, he's related to Blaine in some way?"

Leon blinked, his own eyes glowing even as his expression didn't expose anything. "We might get a lead. Maybe the reason why I couldn't find anything was because he's part of our society too."

Blaine...

My sweet, precious, Blaine.

I wonder where your real father could be.

The fake one was...hm, I wasn't too sure myself. I handed him over to some of my boys and hadn't cared enough to check up on them since.

They probably got him sent into our prison. But he wouldn't die. I wouldn't let him. I explicitly told the boys that if he died then they'd have to answer to me.

I backed away from the white haired man on the ground, and left the room without another word. Leon didn't stop me.

__________

I mean, I calmed down in due time afterwards.

But the issue with the white-haired guy had been bugging me for a really long time. Seriously, where did he come from? What the hell was I supposed to do with his presence?