Curiosity

-Luka-

Nearing the figure, I finally realised. It was the white-haired kid I took an interest in. He was slumped over, breathing heavily, and tears were running down his lidded eyes. The hell happened to him?

I squatted down beside him, and poked him a few times, like a curious child. "Hey, are you awake?" I asked in vain. He didn't show any signs of response, only his slight jerking and twitching showed signs that he wasn't dead. Damn. Looking down at his shambled hoodie, I noticed a small spot of blood, slowly expanding on the cloth. Alarmed, I lifted up his hoodie. Holy shit.

He was covered in wounds and they were not tended to in any way. Some looked as if they were infected already. Shit.

I scooped him up from the ground, and decided to head back to my house. Picking up a quick pace, I was soon back in 20 minutes. Going upstairs, I dropped him onto my bed. I headed into the toilet to get the first aid kit and after much consideration, I walked into my closet and took out a beige shirt.

I plopped down onto the bed, watching the kid flinch. "What the..." I murmured softly to myself. I took out my phone and dialed a number. It took 2 rings before someone picked up.

"Hello?"

I sighed in relief. If nobody picked up, I wouldn't know what to do.

"Hey Blair. Someone is dying on my bed right now. Come over?"

"Hmm...okay. Give me 30 minutes, try patching up whoever that "someone" is first, they might die before I come over." The line went dead.

Crap, was she busy?

I mentally facepalmed myself. How could I forget, Blair had work as well. But I couldn't bother Avery because she told us yesterday she had a major surgery scheduled and she couldn't afford to be distracted.

Leon was with Eli and Aiden, they were doing business and they were far away, so by the time Leon came over the kid might as well have been dead.

Aish, I'm so troublesome. But I really didn't know what to do, and I guess the distress was evident in my voice, seeing how Blair didn't ask any questions before answering.

Looking at the boy in my bed, I finally took notice of his features. He had beautiful long eyelashes and a cute little nose. His lips were perfectly pink and plump, and I felt an urge to do something I knew he wouldn't want. He looked pretty petite, around 160cm, and boy, was he skinny. He was basically a walking skeleton. When I held him just now, I had to make an extra effort not to squeeze him too tight, or I was afraid that he would break. He was so fragile, it was disturbing.

The most interesting thing about him was his hair. Even though it was unkempt, messy and dirty, he still looked beautiful. He was a rare beauty, that was for sure. He snuggled into my sheets, looking for more warmth, and I internally died at the sight. How was he so...cute? I felt my cheeks heat up. What the hell? Was I sick? I've never felt like this before.

After what seemed like a second, I heard the front door open downstairs. On instinct, I tensed up, but I realised I wasn't there anymore.

"I'm in my bedroom!" I shouted out, and I heard steps quickly approaching. Ah.

"I'm here, what's wron- oh." Blair's eyes scanned the room the moment she stepped in, and she immediately saw the lump on my bed. Her look of worry was immediately replaced by confusion.

"That's the "someone"?" She questioned, lifting up an eyebrow.

"Yeah. I didn't kidnap him, if that's what you're worried about." I said, rubbing my hand on the back of my neck, as if I were guilty of something. She narrowed her eyes at me, before tilting her head and staring at me inquisitively.