Chapter 14 - Heart to Heart Conversation

Start from the beginning

"I wanted to tell you when we got here..." You almost whispered not wanting to rile up the guy. "That you looked a lot like your father... But I see now that you are nothing like him."

Five breath caught for a few seconds, he was facing the pillow wall too now. Never he would have expected to hear someone tell him that he was nothing like his father, everyone keeps on telling him the opposite, even after he strayed and went to study in America, even after he went to live in New York and started working in a editorial, even after he did everything to be the opposite of him.

"I think a lot of people expect you to be the same Five they are used to know, but to me it seems they didn't even think you could change." Her voice was calm and comforting he almost forgot to breath again, the kindness she reserved for him right there... he never accepted from anyone else other than Dolores and even she thought Five was of the same design of his father.

For a while after her words there was only breathing, her's, his'.

"Goodnight then." She whispered as she shuffled to turn around and look out the windows.

"Goodnight." He replied as he turned back on his back looking up at the ceiling mind vulnerable, thinking over and over about what she just said. On the other side his fiancée fell too sleep fairly quickly, her breath slowed down and he glanced towards her side noticing it.

For the first time he reflected about who she really was apart from being his assistant.

———

The knocking on their door was unnerving, worse than a unending alarm. We can safely say that both of them hated to leave their alarm running so this was their worst nightmare, Yet none of them was awake enough to do something.

Y/n hummed annoyed as she cuddled up more, her face trying to shuffle further in the strangely warm pillow, it smelled like nice detergent and a hint of coffee.

"Stop already!" The pillow vibrated as Five shouted that, he had a good idea of who was bothering his and Y/n's morning by now, he was used to this when he was a kid. The knocking stopped and Y/n groaned happy snuggling further. Five sighed and also made himself a better comfortable spot, his chin ending on top of her head and his arm just over her shoulder.

She fell back to sleep as he furrowed his eyebrows, eyes still closed but weirded out by the strange warmness of what he was touching. Then he realized, and a knocking sound came back, softer followed by a voice: "Guys?"

Five attention perked up as he moved, head going up to look at the door. It was his mother at the door.

"Can I come in?" She asked as Five now was fully awake and looked down at Y/n that was still sleeping beside him, his arm on her. Lost between them the pillow as she was planted just under his neck.

"Give us a second, mom." He said, the vibration bothering the woman on him waking her up a little.

"Y/N!!" He hard whispered as she frowned at his harsh voice. She backed up a little, eyes half open looking up at the man that was calling her, when she met those pale green eyes she felt a shock waking her up fully. Her eyes widened at the realization that the warm pillow wasn't a pillow and that she was so close to her boss, but there was no time on getting stuck over that.

"Mom's out the door, wake up a little more." His voice got softer now and she nodded slightly looking around just to properly understand what was happening, and where she was. Yes she was still in the house of his boss's family because Christmas was close and they had to fake being engaged.

She grabbed the pillow that had sled between their torso, if not even lower, and tossed it at the end of the bed scooting towards Five. Strangely he accepted it, his arm sliding under her neck as she got comfortable on his chest.

"You good?" He asked. He asked if she was good... if she was alright... he did that.

"Yeah." she nodded with a hum and conviction. He invited Grace in now that the two of them were ready.

"I got breakfast for you." She smiled as soon as she was in, walked and set the tray on a small table just beside the bed, flying in was Klaus holding maple sirup like it was a gold nugget.
"Madame e mousier, le sirup." He said with a strange French accent making Y/n snort a little, Five rolled his eyes as his brother poured the sirup.

"Don't forget the tea..." From the door this rigid voice got in before the owner of it entered holding another tray, one with two cups and a teapot.

"What's this, a family meeting in my room?" Grunted Five as his fake-soon-to-be wife laid a hand on his arm to refrain him from escalating the situation too quickly. He sharply breathed in but listened to the silent suggestion.
"Is everything alright? The breakfast looks really good and probably will taste as good but..." She smiled the most sweetly she could manage and she left the sentence open so they would comfortably fill in what she obviously meant to ask: What was up with all those nice things all together.

"Oh yes." Grace smiled, her voice going a little high at the excitement as she speed walked to her husband and emptied his hands of the tea tray to set it down beside the food.

"We were thinking about something." She proclaimed as Klaus was in between hi parents sharing the excitement his mother was radiating. She didn't go on tho, she looked at her husband hopping he would continue and all eyes were on him as he pressed his lips together not really wanting to be the bearer of such news.

"Your mother and brother think," He asserted looking at his son and at his fiancée. "that it would be terrific if the two of you-"

"Got married here tomorrow." Klaus rushed as he covered his mouth, Grace slapped his shoulder softly but the delivering was done and there was nothing else they could do.

Silence lasted a second as Y/n thought it would have been strange to make it last longer. "W-What? Tomorrow? But it's Christmas..."

She shuffled looking up at Five that was as speechless as her, that would be a first.

"You are gonna get married anyway so... why don't you get married here where we can be all together." Grace added some explanation behind the thought process.

"What about the Christmas party you always throw?" Asked Five trying to find something in order to avoid doing something so stupid, he didn't need a big wedding, but they didn't know he didn't.

"Oh don't worry my love, I have done plenty of those and will do plenty more. What's better then getting married in such a love filled special day with all the people that love you?"

Five had a few other different options of better ways to do this but he couldn't go against his mother.

"Fine." He said between tight lips, Y/n on his shoulder turned and looked at him like he was a impostor. He glanced at his family and then at her with a questioning look, what was she doing?

"Really? Big party? Big wedding?" She asked surprised as she totally forgot about the three people in the room due to the strangeness of him giving in on something. The power his mother held.

||Author's note||

Hello readers!! Seams like Y/n and Five are getting a lot more comfortable with each other isn't it? Hope you enjoyed this chapter, tomorrow comes the next one. 

Have a nice day/night.