Chapter 5 | Broadway, Baby!

Start from the beginning

"Okay! Less chatter, more splatter. Er.. climbing. More climbing." Chris corrected himself before smiling once again. "We'll leave the splatter to fate! Anywho, once you reach Lady Liberty's crown, pull up your rope to bring your team up faster. Once everybody's up, your team grabs the correct carriage off the spike, races back down to your boat, and follows the buoys to your next exciting destination: Central Park!"

"Um.. So, when do we go shopping?" Lindsay raised her hand. "You don't." Lindsay dropped to the ground overdramatically. "NOOOOOO!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chris blew the whistle, and Alejandro was the first to start climbing up your team's rope. Izzy soon followed. "Look! I'm a rabid monkey! AYAYAYAYAYA!" Tyler followed, then next was you, Noah, and Owen dead last.

After a couple of minutes of climbing, Chris yelled out. "It's been 15 blister-busting minutes, and nothing! You guys are bumming me out!" He complained. While you were climbing, you noticed Alejandro moving over to Sierra. "I'm worried about Chris. Do you ever get the feeling he misses his glory days, back when he was a huge star? That he feels like no one remembers? Or cares?"

This caused Sierra to look downwards, thinking. Alejandro, satisfied with this reaction, then moved away from her. Owen, meanwhile, had gotten tangled in the rope.

A little while later, Chris yelled out again. "Hurry it up, people! I'm officially bored!" You rolled your eyes at his childish demeanor. While climbing, you noticed that the guys behind you were looking at a certain.. attribute, of the Statue of Liberty. "Look at those!" Tyler exclaimed.

"Hey, what's going on?" Cody noticed what Tyler was pointing out. "Ohh! WH-WHOA!" And then he fell into the Statue of Liberty's chest. Because of course he did. Even Noah stopped climbing for a moment. You cringed at the guys' behavior before continuing to climb the rope. "Woo! Ten point landing, dude!" You heard Tyler exclaim to Cody.

CONFESSIONAL: CODY

He was wrapping a bandage around his ankle, which Sierra had bitten in order to pull him out. "For a second, I actually thought I was gonna die in there!" "But what a way to go." Chef, beside him, chuckled. "True that! WOO-HOO-HOO-HOO!" Cody exclaimed after a pause.

=================================

At some point, you, Noah, Tyler, and Izzy had made it to the top, and were now trying to pull Owen up. Unfortunately, he was extremely heavy. And Chris' complaints were definitely not helping.

"Ughh! Let's go! I'm tired, I'm hungry, and I gotta pee!" You fought the urge to yell at him to shut the fuck up, fed up with his whining. Team Amazon were the first ones to finish climbing, pulling up Sierra. They cheered, before Heather quickly exclaimed. "I'll get the carriage! Which is something only a really valuable teammate would do!" And she rushed off to go get the carriage. Meanwhile, Sierra quickly walked over to Chris.

"Hey Chris, know what? I own every one of your TV appearances on DVD, even your cooking show: 'Keep it Plain with Chris Mclean'! Your recipe for white rice is soo great! It's totally unfair you got cancelled after only one episode!" Chris' eye twitched, as some of the contestants laughed.

"I was.. going through a phase!" Chris shuddered. Heather quickly returned with Team Amazon's carriage. When Courtney asked Chris how to get back down, he signaled to a pole going through Lady Liberty's head. "Fireman's pole, anyone? It's only a 30-story drop."

Everyone in the Amazon's team seemed hesitant to do it. Gwen spoke up. "Well, someone's gotta do it. Here goes!" Gwen went down the pole, screaming as she did so. "I'm okay!" She exclaimed, after a loud thud. And soon, the rest of her team followed.