Chapter 1

Reena stared at Fatimah maa with a confused expression on her face. All Fatimah maa could do was smile at Reena hoping she would get the hint. Until it hit Reena. Her hand unconsciously travelled to her belly. Reena looked down, she couldn't believe it. She was pregnant. She was pregnant with Rocky's baby. The love of her life. His baby was growing inside of her. Reena's eyes brimmed with tears as Fatimah maa engulfed her in a hug congratulating her as well as the other staff present.

"I have to tell rocky" Reena said as she wiped the tears from her eyes. 

" He should be in the mines, my dear but be careful okay I don't want you taking any risks now" said Fatimah maa as she gestured the other staff to call for a car to take Reena to the mines. Reena leaped out of the bed and ran towards the entrance of the mansion not even paying attention to Fatimah maa's words. Fatimah maa chuckled as she mentally blessed the couple.

The whole ride to the mines was silent. Reena's mind was puzzled. She was trying to think of the perfect way to tell Rocky the news. She knew that this was the one thing he wanted for him and Reena. Their own little family. A family to call his. And Reena wanted it to. Both Rocky and Reena had troubled childhoods. They were both stripped away from their childhoods. From a chance at real happiness, but Reena had vowed herself that she wouldn't let her child have the same fate. She would raise her child with Rocky and shower the child with love and happiness which they never received. She was so busy in her thoughts when she didn't even realise the car had arrived at the mines. She hopped out the car and searched around for Rocky until she heard his voice. He was shouting about something with Chacha as usual. 

Rocky abruptly stopped his conversation with Chacha as he could sense his Chinna near. He turned around to see her standing there trying to catch her breath. It was a rare sight to see Reena in the mines let alone out of the mansion. Rocky could sense it was something urgent.

-the next paragraph is dialogue from the movie so I don't take any credit. its the scene when Reena tells him she's pregnant, also the dialogue is written in kannada provided with translations-

"Enayitu?"( what happened) asked Rocky, his face displaying worry. All of Reena thought were out the window once she heard his voice. She was blank. She decided to blurt out whatever she thinks of.

"nange mayusharila"(I'm not feeling well) said Reena. She wanted to just tell him but for some reason she couldn't. She wanted him to realise rather than her just telling him. He took of his glasses as he practically ran towards her. His hand softly caressed her cheek as he look into her eyes. He felt her temperature. It didn't feel like she had a fever but to soothe his wife's wishes he decided to play on.

"ilai, yenu illa. thalai keskobida, doctor manekelsthini"(let me see, hey don't worry ill send a doctor home now go). Reena who was unhappy with his response decided to give him another clue.

" enu tinbiga ana ansthila"( I don't feel like eating anything). Reena wined as Rocky looked at Reena wondering what exactly was cooking up in her head. 

 He turned to Chacha who was also witnessing the seen and looked at him, confused. "yaru en bita. seriya gadige madakilli. nalayil inthu enu problem illa"(who is that cook. tell him to cook properly, there should not be any problem tomorrow) he turned to Chacha who just nodded as they turned around and continued to walk. 

"Fatimah maa joruge nadibartho andithare"(Fatimah ma advised me not to walk briskly). Come on he had to get the hint now, Reena thought as she studied his face looking for any sort of reaction.

Rocky turned around again. The confusion on his face being more visible than ever. "Seri, oru nak thina aramaginedi"(fine take it easy for some days) said Rocky not knowing what else to say to please his desperate wife. 

"nan hunsenu mavenka thinbeku an ansthide"(I feel like eating something sour and tangy) said Reena. This was her last resort. I mean he has to get it now right. This is the most obvious thing to say when a woman is pregnant. Her face was so fixed on Rocky that she didn't even realise Chacha who turned around to face her. His face was plastered with shock. He finally understood why Reena was so persistent on getting Rocky's attention. She was pregnant. His beti was pregnant. The look of confused morphed into a smile as he looked at Reena in awe. But she was too fixed on Rocky to notice.

Rocky let out a big sigh as he turned to face Reena who looked for nervous than ever before. He slightly chuckled which made Reena even more nervous. " Mara maraane kalirsbeth, thinu anthe. yenagide ninge, eh bah Chacha"( ill get you an entire market at home, eat all you want. what's wrong with you, hey come Chacha). Rocky continued to stroll off but Chacha didn't move from his place. His gave was fixed on Reena as the smile on his face continued to grow. However Reena stood in disbelief. Is he really that stupid? She thought to herself. How did he still not get the hint. She was tired of the hints now. She just wanted to enjoy this happy moment with her husband.

Her lips began to tremble as she struggled to form the words. She knew if she told him this, he would definitely understand.                                                                                                                                    

"Amma baruttidare"(mother is coming)

Rocky's heart skipped a beat. He stopped walking. He couldn't believe the words he just heard from his Chinna's mouth. He knew it only meant one thing. Suddenly everything she said made sense to him. Her not feeling well, told to rest by elders, craving tangy food. It all made sense. The one thing he wished for was finally true. He slowly turned around his gave fixed on Reena. Neither of them spoke but their eyes spoke volumes. Reena's hand travelled to her stomach as she smiled at Rocky. She slowly nodded giving him the approval he was waiting for. It was the best thing to ever happen to him. He was going to be a dad. His Chinna was pregnant with his baby. They were finally going to get the family they always wanted. Tears brimmed Rocky's eyes as he let out a genuine smile. This was the first anyone had seen him cry. By this time everyone had tears in there eyes.

Just as Rocky and Reena were about to come to each others embraces, a gunshot was heard. it echoed through Kgf which was now filled with silence. Reena's eyes widen as she see's Rocky drop his glasses on the floor. 

hey guys this is the first story I'm writing on here. I've read many stories about rocky and Reena but I've always wanted to see what it would be like if Reena actually survived the gunshot. so this is my take. I hope you guys enjoy it. the first few chapters are pretty much the end of kgf 2 summed up so you can skip it if you like. also I don't speak Kannada so the dialogue was written by me listening to the audio so if it doesn't quite make sense I hope you guys don't mind. BTW Chinna means gold in kannada but is also like a pet name used and beti means daughter in Hindi. I'm amidst doing my GCSEs so if I don't post often I hope you guys don't mind. ill try doing like a chapter or 2 a week. if you guys have any suggestions on how you want the story to go please comment or let me know. till next time....