~38: Where She Goes to Prom~

Start bij het begin

"Hey!" Colton said defensively as he gestured towards his black and white suit and we all burst out laughing.

~~**~~

"Hey! You and Archer match the theme perfectly!" Peyton called out to me over the loud music as we walked into the beautifully decorated gymnasium. The theme of the prom was 'Poseidon's Kingdom' and I'd selected the material and design of my dress because it reminded me of a mermaid and coincidentally Archer had dressed up in the colors of the ocean.

As we stopped at the refreshments table my eyes met with familiar blue ones. Colton Miller stood in the corner, one of his arms was wrapped around the waist of a brunette I didn't recognize. His lips tilted up at the corners in a small smile when our eyes met. I gave him a small wave and he raised the glass of punch he was holding in his other hand in my direction briefly in acknowledgment before turning his attention back to his date. 

The very next moment the girls were practically dragging me away towards the dance floor despite my protests that I was going to break my ankles in my heels if I tried to dance but a couple of songs later my heels were clutched in my hands as I swayed wildly to Dua Lipa's 'Dance the night away.' The DJ put 'Rasputin' on and we all squealed in delight as the guys joined us. All of us already knew the moves to the dance and I laughed affectionately when I saw Archer moving stiffly trying to keep up with the rest of us.

The track suddenly changed and a slow song I didn't recognize came on. Everyone around us started pairing up and swaying to the music.

Archer extended a hand towards me. He looked at me expectantly.

I grinned like a fool as I put my hand in his and laughed in delight when he completely swept me off my feet and swirled us around. I was still barefoot so he positioned me in a way that my feet came to rest on top of his shoes as he swayed us to the music.

When I tried to protest that his feet would hurt because of the weight he just silenced me with a lingering kiss that left me breathless.

We spent the next couple of hours laughing and dancing. It turned out to be one of the best nights of my life.

We cheered when Caroline and Colton were announced the prom king and queen and sang along to the indie band that was playing.

The night ended with a final slow dance and soon people started filing out.

"After-party at my place." Colton's loud voice boomed through the microphone onstage and people started cheering.

Just as Archer and I had started to make our way towards the exit Colton caught up to us.

"You guys are coming."

I gave him an awkward smile. "We were planning to go home..." I started to make an excuse

"I wasn't really asking." Colton cut me off and gave me a pointed look.

He turned to Archer,

"Oh and Hastings, don't forget to pick up  snacks on your way."

~~**~~

We stopped at a convenience store on the way to Colton's place. Archer was getting the drinks and I was standing in the chips aisle grabbing different flavors for Colton's party.

I'd just started to grab a bag of Cool Ranch Flavored Doritos when a feminine voice called out from behind me.

"Fallon?" There was a pause. "Fallon Chambers is that you?"

My eyebrows scrunched in confusion. I didn't recognize the voice. 

I turned to face the person who'd called my name and when I did the bag of chips I'd been holding slipped from my fingers and landed on the floor.

Everything inside me seemed to whither up and die when I saw who it was.

It had been years since I'd seen her but I'd recognize her face anywhere.

I still had nightmares about the things she and her brother did to me back in middle school.

The name-calling. The insults. The mental and physical abuse which had almost pushed me over the edge. I wouldn't be standing here today if it weren't for-

I blinked rapidly trying to clear my head of the nasty thoughts swimming through my head.

I tilted my chin up as I faced her. "Yes, it's me."

In front of me stood the girl who had made my life a living hell throughout middle school.

I was standing face to face with my childhood bully Jennifer Scott.

~~

A/N: Pictures of what I imagine Fallon and Archer's prom outfits to look like:

A/N: Pictures of what I imagine Fallon and Archer's prom outfits  to look like:

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.