Seasonal Depression~ Natasha Romanoff

Winter was always hard for you.

Exhaustion fuelled the ache deep within your bones. Your body was telling you to scream out in anguish but you couldn't find the energy to. You shivered as a cold gust of air blew your door open.

Footsteps could be heard from downstairs as they quickly got closer and louder. You didn't have the willpower to move, you were convinced this was the end.

Closing your eyes, you accepted whatever fate may come upon you.

Until, a soft hand gently caressed your face. Natasha was home.

Her speech was muffled to you, her tone sounding gentle but worrisome. She was quick to shut the windows and throw a blanket over you.

“... car… Fury… elevator… “ you could barely understand what she was saying, “... pancakes…” your finger twitched slightly when she mentioned your favourite breakfast that she could make.

A small grin crept it's way onto her face as she carefully tucked you in and kissed your forehead before running back downstairs.

You weren't sure how much time had passed before she came back with a huge stack of pancakes with your favourite toppings.

Carefully, she sat against your headboard and helped you sit in front of her, your back against her chest. She slowly fed you until you refused to eat any more and finished the rest off herself.

“Thank you,” you croaked hoarsely. It had been tough without Natasha for so long, sometimes missions took her away from you for months on end. Thankfully, this one had only been a couple of weeks, however, that didn't stop you from falling back into your old habits.

Seasonal depression was always something you had struggled with, and Natasha knew this. She wasn't at home to encourage you to take your medication so you had completely forgotten. You rarely got out of bed while she was gone, only to go to the bathroom and to drink some water.

The small cuts littering your thigh had mostly healed, but they were still noticeable. Natasha saw them and gently brushed her thumb over them and kissed the top of your head.

“I missed you, detka,” she gently stroked your thigh as you stared blankly at the door in front of you. There were photos of you and Natasha stuck to it, a gentle reminder of your love for one another.

She held you like that for a while, not speaking but instead conveying her love for you in a silent, tender way. Her gentle touches soothed you and she knew that.

“How about we go take a bath?” she asked you, and you nodded slightly.

Carefully, she slipped out from behind you and began to fill the bathtub with warm water. She carried you into the bathroom and delicately placed you down in front of her in the bath, resuming your previous position.

Her soft hands gently massaged your scalp and washed your hair, taking care to not hurt you at all. You offered her a small smile, to which she returned with her own as well a kiss to your cheek.

After a while, she dried you off and carried you back to bed, helping you get dressed in some shorts and one of her shirts before tucking you back in and getting her laptop.

She helped you lay against her chest, tucked into her side with a warm feeling in both of your hearts. “How about we watch a show and eat some snacks?” she suggested. “Yes, please,” you nodded into her soft skin. “Of course, moya lyubov,” she gently kissed the top of your head, leaning over to her bedside table to retrieve her emergency snack basket.

Winter was always hard for you, but Natasha made it easier.

-----

a/n: hey guys! it's been so long :( thank you all so much for 1M reads, that's crazy!

how have you all been??

any achievements you're proud of since we've last spoken??

what's your favourite film you say this year?? mine is definitely the marvels or the ballad of songbirds and snakes

what's something you've learned this year??

do you have any regrets for this year??

what are your new year's resolutions for next year??

compliment train! comment something that you're insecure about then compliment the comment above you!!

if i don't see you guys for a while, happy holidays and a happy new year !!! <33