"Lena," Clary muttered. I wiped the tears from my face and moved past them. "Where are you going?"

"To fix him," I said. "No one does anything until I get back. Understood?" Simon and Isabelle nodded. Clary stared at me. Both of us read one another. "Nothing Claire. I mean it." 

I turned around and walked out of the institute. I haven't spoken to Lorenzo since his whole Ley Line mansion incident. Alec and Magnus have been the ones speaking to him lately and he doesn't like them at all.

When I got to the apartment. I didn't even have time to raise my hand before the door swung open. Lorenzo had his back to me as he looked out toward the balcony. There was clutter everywhere. Either he was still unpacking or truly had no interior decorating skills. He just made it look messy. Magnus gave it style.

"Charming, isn't it?" He asked. "It's one of Mozart's lesser-known works, but certainly one of my favorites. You should have seen the look on Wolfgang's face when I told him what I really thought about his mass in C minor." 

There was music playing around us. He was holding a martini in his hand like he was trying to be Magnus. No one could be him, he was unique. One of a kind.

"Not the words I was going to use," I said.

"Hang on, This is the best part," Lorenzo raised his hand a little. I licked my teeth and yanked the cord from the wall. The music stopped just before it got to the highest note. His hand dropped and he sighed.

"What do you need, Lena? I assume Mr. Lightwood sent you for something?" He turned around. 

His eyes scanned over my attire. I was in jeans and a black sweater. Nothing sexual about the outfit. He drank the rest of his martini moving to a table behind me. 

"I came on my own. Magnus has fallen ill due to the magic you've given him." I explained. 

Lorenzo raised the shaker pouring himself another martini. He seemed unbothered by that information.

"I did warn him about the risks involved," He mumbled. "He assured me he could handle it."

"Well his body can't, so I would appreciate it if you would take it back." I didn't say it in the nicest way. It could have been better, but this is all the better I was going to do. He smiled and set down the empty bottle.

"Yes, I'm sure you would appreciate that," His smile fell into a flat one. "But he brought this upon himself. Not my fault the pompous old warlock falls by his own hubris." 

He took a sip. I clicked my tongue taking in a long breath. He was pissing me off quickly, but I had to stay calm.

"Why do you hate him so much?"

"Simple. All my life I've had to sit by and watch while the world lavished praise on Magnus Bane," He sneered. "The prodigy. The High Warlock who could do no wrong." 

"Your words reek of envy, Mr. Rey." I gave him a disgusted smile.

"You have no idea how hard I've had to work for everything that I have," He set down the glass and moved past me rubbing his hands together. "That man was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. His celebrity is not based on talent. It's nepotism." He turned around to face me.

"All you see is green," I took a deep breath. "The only thing you got right is that Magnus is beloved. He still is. So when word gets out that you refused to help him because you couldn't see past your own jealousy, how do you think the other warlocks are going to feel? Having someone like you as their leader." I tilted my head to the side. My eyes moved over his clothes.

"I guess, we will find out won't we?" He smirked.

"I will kill—."

"Do it then," He raised his hand my body being moved back several feet. I let out a tight breath as I stared at him. "You can leave. Show yourself out."