"All right, let's get to work."

"I need to speak with you," Clary pointed at me.

"I have to speak with Isabelle first, can it wait?" I asked. She gave me a look and then nodded. I moved after Isabelle seeing her hand shake slightly.

"Iz?"

"Hold on, let's get into the room before you start asking things?" Isabelle took my hand in hers. I could feel her fingers touch the ring and then fiddle with it. "When did you get this? Are you—Lena!" 

"Wait til we get in the armory!" I shoved her through the door. "You first." I pointed at her. She sighed and moved around the table. "Work and talk, I know you are an amazing multitasker." 

I leaned against her desk. Magnus followed us in as he moved to the boards trying to find more ley lines. He was struggling though and it was aggravating him. I clicked the space bar clearing the monitor.

"I wish I didn't have to mess with all this technology. I really need a drink," He threw his hands in the air.

"Oh, Magnus do you know about a root called L'isle-Adam," Isabelle asked. He thought for a moment.

"Are you dealing with your cravings again?" He asked. 

His eyes moved to me. I had no answers she wouldn't tell me what happened yesterday, but it had to have been for a good reason. She was doing very well with her cravings.

"I helped Simon remove the mark of Kane," She said. "But the process almost killed him so I made him feed on me."

"That's brave of you, Isabelle. Unfortunately, I don't know and I can't portal to India to dig it up for you, but I can ask around," He offered. She shook her head. 

"No," She smiled. "It's alright. I'm doing a lot better actually."

"Good, but if you need anything else," He touched her shoulder as she gave him a tight nod. He walked out of the room.

"I'll track it down for you," I pulled the papers toward me.

"No, seriously I'm fine," She started typing on her keyboard.

"And you're forgetting I'm your parabatai. So let's not lie." I didn't have to look up from my paper to know she was staring at me.

"Your turn," She laughed. "I didn't know he did it. When did it happen? Where were you? Was it sweet?" She took the papers from my hands. 

"It was the other night," I said. "I was the one to ask him at first. I thought he was going to say no, but then he pulled out the box," I twisted the ring on my finger. "I didn't think he would have one ready, but he did." I stared at the ring. "The ring is perfect, thank you."

"I didn't pick it out," She wiggled her fingers at me. I let her take my hand and look at the ring. I thought she would have been the one to help him pick it out. 

"I told him your size. That was my part. He picked the band and gems. That was all my brother. He's quite the romantic for you when he wants to be." She teased. "It's sweet to see him relax so much around a person. He's never been like this. Not with me, not with Jace, not with my parents."

"Max," I pointed out. She tilted her head back and forth.

"Mmm, only a little bit, but it's still not the same." I the fiery paper fly though the doorway. She released my hands and caught. The ash fell onto the metal table.

"What is that?" I asked. She looked furrowed her brows as she read. "Iz, that's not a good face."

"It's about the Gard," She sat down and typed up someone's name. "Did I mention the escaped prisoners from the Gard saying that they were being tortured and that Penhallow told me off? Well, I contacted one of the guards and he messaged me back." She pulled up his image.