"Yes," He closed his eyes for a moment trying not to laugh. "The name is yours if you want it."

"Alec," I said. 

My eyes moved from the ring to him. It was a match to his, but the opposite. His stone was on top and mine was on bottom.

"If you don't like it, we can get another—." I knelt in front of him smiling as I pulled him toward me kissing him. He laughed as he wrapped his arms around my waist kissing me again. Both of us smiled as we separated.

"You can call me Mrs. Lightwood." I teased. He kissed me again before leaning back and bringing the box between us. "The ring is perfect."

"I wasn't sure," Alec muttered. I took it out of the box.

"Alec, it's perfect. You know me well." I smiled. He took the ring in his fingers taking my hand.

"I had a little help from Izzy too," He laughed as he slid the ring onto my finger.

"Mm of course," I smiled as the ring fit perfectly. "You wanna know what I think we should do now?"  Alec raised an eyebrow.

"Go to the kitchen and make some dinner because I know you didn't eat," I stood up and offered him my hands. He kissed my knuckles and then stood up. The two of us walked hand in hand back through the institute.

Lena Lightwood.

The LL was a little odd, but it was going to take time to get used to. Lena Fray. Lena Fairchild. Lena Morgenstern. And soon Lena Lightwood. This one is my favorite of them all.

***

I yanked the curtains open. Alec flinched away from the sunlight. The tray of food was on the side table as I stared at him.

"Let's go, Alexander," I smiled. He put his hand over his eyes.

"What?" He mumbled.

"This is your day off and we aren't wasting it," I sat down on my side of the bed.

"Why are you awake?" He asked.

"Well I didn't get much sleep and I was making breakfast," I moved the tray in front of me as he sat up. It was pancakes, eggs, and bacon.

"Are you okay?" He touched my hand his eyes blinking as he tried to focus.

"I'm good, just ready to start our day," I ran my fingers through his messy hair. "Bedhead." I laughed as he fell back into the pillows. 

"Come on!" I stood up. He leaned forward taking a bit of bacon.

"Did you eat?" He asked. Before I could even answer he held up a pancake. "Eat." I laughed and grabbed it from him taking a bite. 

"Before we do anything else we need to rain for a bit." Alec finally got up drinking the orange juice as we both dressed, brushed our teeth, and got ready. He walked in first grabbing a staff as he threw me one too. I caught it swiping the wood through the air.

"Back to square one," I smiled. He shook his head.

"Don't flirt with me. Training, remember." He gestured for me to come at him. 

I sighed but moved forward the wood echoing as it slammed into one another. It was almost like a dance we did with one another. Moving, blocking, swiping, and turning. I spun throwing the stick back hitting him in the stomach as he stumbled a little.

"A little rusty," I laughed. "The desk job has really gotten to you." 

I put my hands on the edge of the staff leaning my head on it. He gave me a tight smirk as he came forward. I could tell by the way his hits vibrated through the wood that he was now using his full strength. He made me back up a few feet giving into his range.