"Landon, you are dismissed."

"Oh- okay, I guess I'll go now.."

The boy left the office without a clear answer, but he knew deep down inside him that he didn't belong to this school, but he also didn't know where to go if not there.

"Stop letting your feelings cloud your decision."

"I am not!
Feelings have nothing to do with this."

"You are getting emotional, Hope
It's fine to admit you've grown an attachment to that boy."

"I don't grow attachments.
He is simply not a threat anymore,
And if he becomes one..
I will make it my personal duty to terminate him."

"You would do that?"

"Let him stay."

"I will, if you keep your end of the bargain."

"Consider it done."

Hope stormed out of the office, a feeling of achievement taking over her. However, Alaric didn't look all that convinced but for now the boy was safe and that means she bought him time even if the headmaster ended up changing his mind later on. Landon followed after the girl who rushed to get back to her room, simply to avoid another emotional encounter with him. Alaric was right. She was starting to grow an attachment, and there's no way in hell that should happen right now.

"Hope!!"
"Will you please wait for a moment??"

"I'm kinda busy, I'll catch you later.."

Landon stopped the door from smashing with force into his face. Hope was growing cold after that meeting, he could tell as much.

"Wait.
"Tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing is wrong.
You're staying for now, but I wouldn't make myself too comfortable if I were you."

"Do you think he will change his mind?"

"There's a possibility."

"And you're not okay with that."

"I...."

Hope paused, and for the first time after a long time she couldn't bring herself to admit what she was thinking.

"I didn't say that."

"Can I come in?"

"Like I said I'm busy..."

"It's Saturday, studying can wait?"

"Fine. Come in."

Saturday night found the two of them sitting on Hope's bed, discussing about their lives, occasionally laughing at each other and their awkward jokes until Landon felt the need to share something.

"You know I didn't..I didn't mean to bring all this into your life, Hope.
Any of it.
I'm sorry I even walked in the moment I did."

"Are you serious? You're literally the best thing that has happend this whole term."

"Your life here does kinda suck, to be honest. Good thing I showed up."

"Hey, shut up!"

Hope laughed wholeheartedly and playfully smacked Landon's arm.

"No wonder why you tried so hard to convince the headmaster today."

"He does tend to listen to me,
occasionally."

"Well, I must be pretty lucky then."

"Extremely lucky.."

Landon gazed into the blue eyes that were radiating nothing but happiness at this very moment, Hope's eyes were something else he thought.
They were simply magical.
He could swear they were flirting with him and if not, Hope was probably extremely skilled at charming others by using her irresistible gaze.

And one would be a fool not to fall for that girl in an instant. Especially, when she looked that fucking perfect, especially when he was the reason that she looked her happiest.

To his surprise, the auburn was thinking far ahead and before he realized she closed the distance between them by locking their lips in a sweet and mellow kiss.

That very moment, someone knocked and impatiently opened Hope's door, once again Josie was not prepared for what she was about to walk in to nor her heart shattering again.

"Damnit- couldn't you.."

"S-Sorry.."