Chapter 6 - It's Freaking Cold ok?

Start from the beginning

"Home, sweet home." Chanted Diego smirking while Luther beside him smiled. "At least for Christmas."

———

"Thankfully it stopped snowing." Commented Diego siding Luther, the two in front a boat looking at the lake and at the house that was on the other side. Y/n was a little worried now, her and Five looked down from the concrete to a ladder that connected the platform in concrete to the moving dock a few feet below them.

"Is this the only way?" She asked, Diego nodded at her so she complied going down the only way offered, she gave her bag to him. He dropped it, he dropped it in the freaking water, by accident, but still... she hoped that her bag was waterproof enough cause she had her freaking computer in there.

"I got it!" He said grabbing the bag right out. "Five seconds rule, it will dry fast don't worry." She nodded in a tight smile but of course she was going to worry until later when she would actually see by herself if her computer was still working or not.

Y/n looked up signaling for her boss to come down, she really wanted to get inside that house, not only because it looked great from the outside but mainly because she was freezing her butt off. Five sighed looking at the landscape and then looked right back at her with a expression she knew pretty well. "I'm not getting on that boat."

Before she could reply and sweet convince him Diego interjected freeing one of the two ropes holding the boat steady for the mounting. "You don't have too, Y/n is more than enough, Father will love her for sure. See you in a few days."

Five jaw tightened at that, Y/n could see that the mention of their father or anything related to him set a hate fire in her boss. Why? She didn't know and even if she was dead curious to know she backed off not keen to experience the wrath Five Hargreeves would unleash at being questioned.

"Honey, come on," She said grasping his attention again, she wasn't acting cute or cuddly, that never worked on him, she had seen lots of co-workers try and with much to no luck. So she was just steady, trying to be reassuring, something that didn't really have a better effect on him. "I can't swim."

It took him a few second of thinking before climbing down the ladder and help her on the boat before freeing the last rope and jumping on too. "There you go." Was his reward from his assistant, she had a pearly smile and puffy red cheeks.

The ride on the lake was short, cloud in the sky giving space to the shining moon and stars. Luther was the one to help her out of the boat after everyone had jumped off before her, he lifted her like she weighted nothing and she gasped at the unexpected motion, hands on her waist, view going from his coat to the deck that led to the garden behind him. "Thanks." She smiled at him, he smiled back and started leading everyone up to the house.

Y/n looked around for her wet bag, didn't find it until she noticed it on Diego's shoulder, Five behind him moved his hand to tell her to follow and stop standing there like she was dumb, which he believed she was. She complied in a slow walk, entering the house after she heard a loud commotion from the inside, main door still open for her.

She closed the door behind her, house alive with a great number of people, she smiled politely at the people that looked at her to figure out who she was.
The house had a main area where every other part could be reached from, it had stairs right in the middle that reached the upper floor, a section she had yet to discover. She adventured in between people to try and detect Five's voice, walking under a wooden arch and opening her coat now that she could feel the warmth of the inside of the wooden house. Yes it was as beautiful as she imagined.

"What's this?" Asked Five already free from his coat and suit jacket, he had a neutral face not too happy of this 'surprise welcome party'. In the room that looked like a living room, with sofas, a decorated tree and a full wall library, were three family members that she had yet to be introduced to stood.

The older one with a caring smile, an apron and hair held in a bun was the first to speak. She looked like she was just over her 50s. "Nothing, is just a little welcome party... with some neighbors." She said, the guy beside her was shorter with brown hair and innocent happy expression.

"I thought of it, is that a crime?" He asked. Five face softened slightly, he looked around, balloons on the ceiling, big banner with a 'welcome' written on it, presence of a unknown number of people he didn't even remember existed. He didn't comment back, it meant that he was ok with it, or at least he suffered still but allowed it.

"Is dad coming down?" Asked Luther towards the last person standing there, the woman with curly hair and nice tinted skin looked to the side through another wooden arch beside the library and shrugged her shoulder.

"Didn't think he would ever move out of there for me." Smiled bitterly Five, he took one glass of chardonnay that was sitting on a coffee table with another 10 of them and gulped down a sip under the scolding gaze of the same woman that shrugged her shoulders.

"I know it sucks Five, but at least for once-" She cut herself when she finally noticed Y/n standing there looking at them, she was actually the last one to notice cause the blonde older woman and the tiny guy were already looking at her.

"Is that Y/n?"

||Author's note||
hello dear readers, i hope the story is of your liking, what do you all think of five and his siblings in this story?