7) Painted Purple

{Author's Note: "Getting closer and closer to the remake, y'all! This one here is a draft I almost forgot about. This is how they were supposed to meet up -- or run into, rather -- with Lyra and Crystal, although I didn't get to the Crystal part, sadly. It was the first one I wrote, then forgot about and maybe got a little weirded out by, hence we had the whole restaurant reunion scene a couple chapters ago. Seriously, I found this one too ridiculous! Though, to be honest, I love it anyway. Here, take a peek. It's kinda embarrassing, but... Well, why not show it off, I guess?"}

Silver and Gold exchanged looks of confusion, then stared at the town.

"Dude, I didn't expect this place to be so... literal!" Gold exclaimed.

"Ditto," Silver agreed.

Violet City was overwhelmingly purple. The buildings, the streets, the people, the Pokemon. It was almost as if someone spilled paint all over the area.

As the two threaded through the crowded streets, they'd gotten separated. Silver had been trudging steadily forward while Gold had accidentally followed someone else.

The ravenhead stumbled through the people and looked around frantically. "Silver?" As he walked about the street, turning his head this way and that, he bumped into someone.

"Mmf?" came the muffled voice from a mouth busy munching on some purple cupcakes.

Gold's eyes widened in recognition. "Lyra!"

His old classmate still wore her brown hair in pigtails, this time stiffer and curved, as if gelled or frozen. She was just as purple as everyone else -- maybe it was a town ritual, or something? Her crumb-covered lips lifted to a warm smile. "Goldy! I didn't know you'd be here!"

"Yeah...heh-heh..." Gold nervously laughed, eyeing the purple-ness.

"What brings you here, Gold? You here for the annual, week-long, 'Paint the Town Purple Parade' exclusively in Violet City?"

"Wait, is that what this is all about?" Gold asked. A festival-goer had thrown purple paint onto his back, yet he didn't seem to notice just now.

"Oh, so you've never heard of it." Lyra spoke loudly as she chewed on the cupcake, a habit of hers since childhood. "It's as literal as it sounds. Lasts a week long. It's when everyone celebrates Violet City's name. Everything's violet as long as it lasts."

"Interesting! Although this place looks more like Lavender Town to me," he joked.

Suddenly eager to blend into the festivities, he accepted a small can of purple paint from a bystander and splashed himself. At this, the bystander welcomed him to the city and told him to enjoy the festival before walking off to distribute more violet paint. He and Lyra laughed together before he heard a voice.

He and Lyra turned to the noise, equally surprised to see a thoroughly soaked Silver, purple all over and looking very irritated, either at Gold's disappearance or at the purple paint or both.

For a while, Gold and Lyra just looked at each other. Then they laughed again.

{Author's Note: "Y'see what I mean? Kinda funny I guess but... Boy, was this idea weird! Cringey maybe? I don't mind too much since people are generally more likely to make embarrassing/low-quality creative stuff when they're younger and I am no exception, but this is just... I seriously need to go tell my past self to think of a better joke/theme. That aside, the remake should be revealed in the next couple updates. Or maybe just the next one, we'll see! So close, people, so close!"}