She has never heard about Karina officially seeing someone. All these years, it's just been a series of stories pairing her with an ensemble of actors and rumors of women.

There's one thread in that underground lesbian gossip forum circulating about Karina and her visits to the exclusive female-only bar known as The Monocle. This high-end establishment operates as a pop-up, with invitations being the golden ticket to gain entry. The catch is, you never quite know where the next event will be held, making it a haven for only the most VIP members.

Winter, in her infinite wisdom, dedicated an absurd amount of time combing through that site, only to find no concrete proof, mainly because phones were prohibited inside. Eventually, she decided she had better things to do. You know, like avoiding becoming a full-time stalker.

And the whole thing with Ryujin.

Images from Dispatch circulated, capturing those two inside a restaurant, appearing to cozy up to each other. One photo, the blurriest of them all, seemed to look like they were making out. Though Winter can't dismiss the possibility of it being a mere trick of the angle. Karina remains silent, offering no statement. While Ryujin faces a barrage of journalists attempting to reach her, primarily through Instagram. Despite the buzz, there's nothing but silence from both parties.

She believed she had moved on, but the realization that Karina had chosen to date someone so similar to her left a bitter taste in her mouth.

Both competitive surfers shared the same height, they had the same short hair, someone very smart who could most likely solve mathematical problems while balancing on a beam. Their common interests extended to a passion for trivia nights, a mutual belief that it might be the number one reason to visit a bar.

She promised herself she would stop mulling over this, but it kept popping up. The more she tried to push the thoughts away, the more they resurfaced, much like the relentless Krush beer posters around the hotel.

A deep sigh escaped her, a useless attempt to dismiss the overwhelming emotions swelling within her chest. She could still hear the sounds of congratulatory cheers, a chorus of admiration for Ryujin's incredible performance this morning. People and mostly the media gathered around her friend, capturing the moment like eager birds seeking the perfect shot. In contrast, Winter remained secluded, trying to distance herself from the triumphant crowd. Make no mistake, she doesn't care about any of that. She hated the limelight, and she had lost to Ryujin before. But this one right now seems so personal.

Now glancing to her right, she spotted a Krowd Krush beach flag fluttering in the wind, adorned with Karina's perfect face.

She quickly averted her gaze and stood up. She then realized that her loss meant that she was going back home, to her tiny little island.

Life in South Korea became overwhelming for her after college. With her mother pushing her for a showbiz career, constant media scrutiny following a drunken incident at a fashion week and her flipping off a photographer, trending on Twitter 24/7 as the "black sheep" of their family even though her cousins were way worse, it was a lot to handle. Oh, and Karina had sort of broken up with her. They weren't together together but you get the gist.

Seulgi, her surfing coach who had temporarily relocated to that island in the Philippines, Siargao, extended her an invitation three days after their graduation ceremony. It's where she had once spent a Christmas break with Karina. Seulgi can be quite compelling so she made a spontaneous decision to go and strung along her purposeless best friend, Ning Ning, who was as lost as a compass in the Bermuda Triangle. Lacking post-college plans and known for being a pushover, Ning Ning readily agreed to the impromptu adventure.