"Who? If I had something like that, this old Zhao would be able to show off someday as well."

Liu Xi looked at Yan Ting. "A large portion of this land was purchased by your old father-in-law prior to the discovery of hotsprings. The price of land continuously rose afterwards but he never sold any of it. Instead, he gave it to your wife as dowry. But that makes sense. Why would the Zhenguo Duke Estate need to sell land? Why not discuss with your wife and get some land for our Commander Zhao?"

His joking tone held a hint of admiration. Those who could speak with such a tone were naturally close.
Some people at the scene knew of Yan Ting, but others didn't. Those who didn't saw Liu Xi's intimate relationship with him and knew he shouldn't be trifled with. Hearing the Zhenguo Duke's name, they all understood. The Zhenguo Duke only had a single daughter and a single son-in-law. Many people in the capital knew this was the Weiyuan Marquis.

But there weren't as many who knew who Weiyuan Marquis was and what he looked like.

Some people who didn't recognize him before now looked at him in a different light.

Yan Ting merely smiled and didn't say anything.
Old Zhao lifted his cup and admitted some fault. "Old Zhao is just speaking randomly. I wouldn't dare have your noble wife split off her dowry. What sort of person would that make me? Bro, old Zhao is a crude person and doesn't know how to speak. Let me give you a toast. If you're willing to think highly of old Zhao, just ask if you need anything in the future."

"You flatter me, you flatter me."

Yan Ting smiled and downed his glass. Countless people came over to toast him as well. In this moment, Yan Ting was in the spotlight.

Yan Ting knew that Liu Xi wanted to use a special method to introduce him and raise him up. Of course, he was also taking the opportunity to show off his own connections.

Look, the Zhenguo Duke's son-in-law is a good friend of mine.

They both used each other and were well aware of it.
But Liu Xi didn't know that this method made Yan Ting feel humiliated.

That's right, humiliated.

Whenever he was out, Yan Ting would never take the initiative to mention his identity as the Zhenguo Duke's son-in-law. But this never lasted long. There would always be a few indiscreet people or "helpful" people trying to flatter him and make this announcement for him. Then he would have to accept everyone's admiration using the identity of the Zehnguo Duke's son-in-law.

"Ah--" Qiong Lan cried out softly.

Yan Ting lowered his eyes and concealed the ripples within. He withdrew his hand. "I accidentally hurt you."

Qiong Lan's face blushed and she bashfully lowered her eyes. "Lord Yan, it's fine."

Lord Yan?

Not Lord Marquis, and also not the Zhenguo Duke's son-in-law.

Yan Ting suddenly felt this form of address was very pleasing to his ears. He smiled and had Qiong Lan feed him a glass of alcohol. He rubbed her back. Qiong Lan's delicate face presed against his smooth and sturdy chest, her nose full of his masculine scent. Her entire person went limp.

At this time, the doors suddenly opened and someone walked inside.

This person was around thirty years old and wore an indigo blue robe embroidered with dark lines. Although his appearance wasn't outstanding, his exuded an air of arrogance, making it clear he wasn't ordinary.

Liu Xi stood up from the seat of honor and hurriedly welcomed him. "Brother-in-law."

Xu Xiang Rong gave him a glance, looked around at the crowd and gave an inaudible scoff.