Chapter Three: A Callous King

**This chapter is unedited**

The trip to Arendelle was a lovely experience for the two. They learned lots about the other, and in efforts to keep each amused, they told stories of the lands they'd visited.

"...it was rather hot and horrendously muggy. It stormed nearly each night, and it rained practically all day. It wasn't the ideal place to be on any kind of mission." Agder chuckled as he told Idun of one of his adventures.

"That sounds awful. My travels never brought me to any place as the one you speak of. Mine are kept mostly to other kingdoms as Corona and Arendelle." Idun paused to think. "What is it like? Being free from royal duties?" she asked him suddenly.

"I'm not very free from any kind of work, Idun. I may not be the king or the queen, but I don't lounge about as some of the other officials do." He explained.

"That's not what I mean. I mean, never mind." She respired, shaking her head slightly.

"What is it?" Agder inquired, standing next to her.

He reached over to put his hands on her shoulders, as if to comfort her the way he did his sister. Abruptly, he stopped. He didn't think it was appropriate to do such a thing to the Princess of Arendelle. He let his hands rest again at his side.

"It's just... is it nice not being bound to marriage in such a short span of time?" She wondered timidly.

"It is a feeling of freedom, but..." He paused and hoped he could think of a perk to having a deadline to be married. "...I suppose it is simply a sacrifice one must make for their kingdom." He finally acknowledged. He knew it wasn't a great response, but he wasn't sure what else to say.

His attention suddenly moved to the sight before him. He watched as the ship entered a fjord and sailed towards a magnificent kingdom. The ship passed through two watch tower positioned in the water to watch for intruding ships. To the left was the castle. It stood tall and lordly. The towers were all capped with a teal like green, and the stone was strong and sleek. The castle wall was tall enough to keep people out, but short enough to keep out suspicion. Ahead of them was where the village was. The heart of the village wasn't too far from the castle, but the remainder of the homes and buildings snaked up the rising mountain. The building thinned out the higher the mountain went until you reached the top, where the other side wasn't visible. It seemed the fjord was nearly completely surrounded by mountains, minus the only exit in which ships sailed in and out of.

"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Idun breathed out, seemingly in a trance.

"It is a magnificent kingdom." Agder replied, absorbing the kingdom's majesty.

Idun bit her bottom lip before turning to face him. "Agder, I want to let you know, my father may not be very open to the idea of you being here. He's a very... collected man, and he didn't expect you to come back with me. I'll sort it all out." She assured him.

"I've had experience with men like your father, if he's as you describe. I'm sure it won't be a problem." Agder explained in effort to make her feel better.

"I'm sure you'll get along fine then during your stay." She smiled.

The ship docked, and cargo began to get unloaded. As Agder and Idun approached the dock, Agder held out his arm. Idun put her hand through his arm and he escorted her down to where a carriage awaited. A servant opened the door for Idun and she stepped in, Agder behind her.

"We weren't expecting a guest, your highness." the servant explained, hesitating to close the door.

"He's my personal guest, and you will treat as such." Idun informed. "He's also the prince of Corona. I expect you'll give him no trouble." She added.