Chapter 7

Author: I'll try hard to finish this story as soon as possible. If y'all think the pace is too fast it's because I already planned that this story will have less than 30 chapters (I hope). ENJOY READING

--------

She got a better look at this young man in front of her. He was clothed in a hospital gown, sitting up holding a cup on his right hand a corner of the blanket on the other hand. The gown was very big it's obvious that this man is very thin.

Azumi shuddered under her watchful gaze.

It seems that she realized I'm not her husband

Su Shen, who finally had a better look at him, immediately identified him as that applicant named 'Wen Azumi'. She walked closer to his bed and locked gaze with him again.

But a trace of surprise flashed on her face when she noticed the glistening teardrop that dripped on his cheek but she quickly became expressionless again as if the change in emotion was an illusion.

Fck I can't believe I almost did something horrible to him

Azumi was about to say that he wasn't her husband and that they probably mistook him for someone else but she opened her mouth first  "I heard you were applying for the position of being a photographer?"

Her voice was unexpectedly very pleasant to the ears. With a hint of coldness it was still very easy to grasp. It took a moment for Azumi to return to his senses.

"Huh? Ah yes I am" Azumi was confused by her question. Shouldn't she be questioning where's her husband? Not that I know him.

"I apologize for what happened between us. As compensation I will give you that position"

Azumi eyes grew big. He suddenly remembered that after he bumped into someone he lost consciousness and suddenly woke up. He opened his eyes but he can't seem to see the surrounding it was very foggy. But what he didn't forget was that he smelled vanilla scented pheromones.

It smells so good and this was the strongest pheromones he ever felt. It was very compelling but also very gentle.

He already accepted that he would be stripped out of his freedom, he will be marked by a person he doesn't even know just because of this stupid fever period.

To his surprise instead of biting him, she bit her own arm. And after that he passed out again.

Azumi immediately replied to her "There's no need ma'am that would be unfair to the other applicants"

" Don't worry I already read your resume and your good to go but if you're still hesitant then I will personally interview you" Su Shen reached out from her pocket and pulled out a card then she handed it to Azumi.

Azumi's hand slightly touched the tip of Su Shen's finger and he felt a tingling feeling coming from the place they touched. He bowed his head and looked at the card. It was actually Su Shen's business card with her information and contact number.

"Just inform me when you're available."

Azumi nodded to her. Su Shen told him that he can be discharged and offered to take him home but Azumi immediately refused. "It's alright I can go home myself" he's still a bit hesitant to be alone with this person.

Su Shen just nodded and stared at his pale face for a while but then bid him goodbye.

Should I take this job or find another one?

Azumi contemplated but decided to just go anyways. I mean it's a good thing that this rare chance is given to him.

And that way I'll meet her again

Azumi instantly flushed up with this thought. What the hll am I thinking. He reminded himself over and over again that he's doing this job for his mom. And she's an alpha I'm still uncomfortable with being close to an alpha much less being in a relationship also  " She's way out of my league"

If Percy was in there with them he would probably be surprised because Su Shen was speaking long sentences. That would be considered a miracle!