Bonus Scene - Home

A/N: This scene is set in the latest chapter of Forever titled 'Our Song'. If you want to get the context of this scene, please read that chapter.

Prim:

My eyes blink open slowly as I wake in a dreamy daze. The sun is rising... it's time to get up. I wouldn't be opposed to staying here. The bed feels so soft, Cato is so warm and safe, and everything feels like home. The sound of Cato's light breathing brings me into alert.

Cato... Every moment with him excites me.

I am awake this early for him; I want to focus on getting his things ready, and with the care I want to put into it all, it's best to do it before Willow wakes up and distracts me from the task.

I begrudgingly clamber away from Cato and rub my eyes tiredly. It was a long night with Willow, so neither of us got much sleep. I move slowly, trying not to wake my husband so that he can drink up every second of sleep he can before he goes to work.

My husband... I love that I get to say that, and it means him. It's almost our second anniversary as man and wife. I wonder if he remembers.

After placing a soft kiss to Cato's cheek, I turn to leave this heavenly place to get going. Willow could wake up at any moment.

I'm suddenly pulled back towards the bed, and it takes a second to register that Cato is awake. I don't have time to adjust before he's pulling me back into his embrace, already warmed by me and ready for me to come back. I gaze up at him, returning the sweet smile he's already giving me, and reach to grab his hand.

I don't mind being here, held safely by him. My world only exists like this with him. We don't often get time alone. I wish we had more, but he's always so tired that when he's home, I would rather he sleep than get a few more moments with me. He needs his rest to do everything he does.

My hand holds his tightly. "I didn't realize you were awake," I tell him. I reach up to kiss him, this time on his lips. I love to be the one to kiss him first. It's always like he's not expecting it and then he gets sweet and shy. Cato returns it softly, so softly...

Cato reaches his hand to my torso, tracing down my back as he snakes it around me to pull me closer. He smells so good, and I know I cannot stay here any longer. If I do, I don't think I will be able to control myself. I thought that after a year of marriage, I would snap out of the euphoric, post-honeymoon excitement, but it's only seemed to grow ten-fold. I look at him and I want him. Half the time, I avoid making eye contact. He just looks at me with so much of everything and I am 15 years old again watching him from across the room in the Training Center.

I haven't told him that I want another baby. I want so many more of him.

Cato grips me tightly, not giving me a chance to free myself. I look down, biting on my lip to quell my libido. God, he smells of Cato. "I can't," I tell him, pushing lightly against him. He won't have clothes ready and will be going to work hungry if he keeps this up.

Cato groans and I shiver as his fingertips brush a spot on my hip. "Just for a minute," he begs.

My eyes betray my mind and I look up at him. There they are, his eyes, gleaming down at me. I'm Narcissus and he's the reflection in the pond.

I sigh contently as I settle back onto my pillow. It welcomes me happily as Cato reaches up to brush my hair away from my face. I've asked him once why he does this (he does it so often), and he said it was because he wanted to be able to see me at every chance he had. He said he never wanted to waste a moment.

My sweet, soft, tough Cato.

I'm so in love.

Neither of us says anything, and so we fall into a seemingly sullen silence. I suddenly miss Willow, even though I know she's just asleep in the next room. "It's so quiet," I say to break up the silence. Cato snorts. "I almost don't like it." I laugh with him as he looks over at Willow's bedtime camera. She's sleeping like an angel, our angel.