The unexpected girlfriend (3)

Lena was going to the cafe to have coffee when someone in a Maserati Quattroporte stopped in front of her. She was startled at first, but when the driver went out, it was Rue - wearing her blazer, slacks and thick round loafers. Her smile was mesmerizing. She walked towards Lena and hugged her tightly. The latter is clueless but she's happy to see her. She had a bad day at the office earlier. Then, the flowers made her smile, and now Rue.

"I was looking for you at your office, kaka-out mo lang daw. Mabuti na lang naabutan kita dito, namiss kita!" Rue uttered in her sweetest tone, Lena blushes hearing that from her and she lightly smacks her shoulder.

"Huwag mo nga akong sinasanay, baka hanap-hanapin ko.." She said while pouting her lips that Rue found it cute. "Tara, kape muna tayo!" She invited her, then they went inside the cafe and ordered their favorites.

"Lena, I have a proposal for you.. I know you've been working hard for your company for the past few years, and I know how you value your friends. Hmm-" Rue stopped when she held Lena's hand, the latter was so tense.

"Huuy, huwag ka namang ganyan.. Kinakabahan ako!" Lena uttered.

"Uhm, here's my proposal.. Can you be my girlfriend?" Rue said in a firm tone, she waited for Lena to respond, but the latter just stared at her.

"I'm sorry, what? What girlfriend?!?" Lena's tone went up and people looked at her. Rue shushed her and calmed her down.

Rue looked around and apologized, she then shifted her glance to Lena. "Well, I have a little problem that we need to discuss somewhere else. It's confidential." She sighed, Lena nodded.

The two decided to leave the cafe. They drove around the city. Rue discusses her problem with Lena. It started when her ex-girlfriend ruined their then engagement by announcing that she's having an affair with their best friend Adrian. Then, hell breaks loose when they also reveal her secret. Adrian belittled her because she couldn't do it like a man should be, the reason why her girlfriend chose him. And then he launched a smear campaign against her to stop the investors and future merges. But, she's determined to gain the trust of those who didn't believe her - she victoriously overcome it, but there's one problem. Her ex wasn't happy about it and wanted her back, throwing Adrian over.

Lena couldn't believe what she had heard. She felt empathy for Rue. She was hurt that the lady just dumped her like that. But she also admires her determination. Well, at least Rue is more than a man to her. She smirked when she remembered that day in the conference room.

"Rue, sige papayag ako. Pero syempre may rules tayong susundin!", she said.

"What are those, I'll listen."

"First, if hindi na kaya i-resolve, just walk away. No questions asked." Lena said, Rue creases her brows.

"Ha, bakit nauna yan?" She asks,

"Para maiwasang mag sumbatan, just leave. Mahirap naman mag let go kung may galit sa puso diba?" Lena looked at her, Rue went silent.

"Hindi niya magawa yan, hmm.. Sabagay tama ka." Rue shrugs and concentrates on her driving.

"Two, kailangan may bolster pillow sa pagitan natin habang natutulog tayo."

"Hey, that's unfair!" Rue protests, "Paano kung gusto kita i-cuddle?" She pouts.

"For the meantime lang naman eh, teka, nakalimutan kong itanong sa'yo.. Nakakabuntis ka ba?" Lena asks, she's nervous about being pregnant because she's not ready to have a baby.

"I use thin condom as a protection, don't worry." Rue smirked, "At wala pa namang lumalapit sa akin para mag paternity test!"

"Ok, three, well, this is easy.. Be honest at all times. Can you do it?" Rue glanced at her, making sure that she's staring at her.