45. Surprise Kitten

Start from the beginning

Jungkook sighs. Place the empty glass down. "You should not have brought the cake at all. My birthday could've been celebrated tomorrow too–"

"Okay shut up." Jimin zips up his hoodie. Stuffs his cold hands in his pocket. "We'll see you tomorrow anyway." He does a little salute and the others nod. "It's very late too. We wanted to wish you and–let's just continue tomorrow."

There's a groan coming out through Jungkook's throat. "I love you guys." He comes in a hug with Namjoon, slowly collecting everyone one by one where Taehyung is laughing and hugging him back happily, Jimin is pushing him away cringing, Jin is half asleep, either way getting pissed, Yoongi never even being in the radar and already starting to walk to the exit and Hobi snuggling and making his way in the hug.

"Let me leave you guys at least—"

"–nope there's a bus coming. We'll go on our own. See you tomorrow at one." Namjoon smiles with his dimples. "Also, apologies to Jennie, tell her we'll meet her for sure tomorrow."

Jungkook shakes his hands in a don't worry way. "It's okay."

Namjoon nods and the others wave goodbye to you before leaving through the exit.

"They're a little late aren't they?" You collect all the glasses and keep them in the cupboard. "If they'd come earlier they would've gotten to spend a little time with us." The sky is clear. Air chilly. You're in the garden area with Jungkook. Silence everywhere.

"Nam Joo and Jennie they are yet to meet them." Jungkook is helping you clear up the table. Is folding up his shirt's sleeves and it is looking sexy on him for no reason.

You agree, try to not look much, "They'll meet tomorrow I suppose."

"Right," Jungkook says.

"Right." You reply.

"Did you plan this?" He asks mid-work, doesn't meet your eyes, and helps clean up with the confetti lying on the grass. He's talking about the surprise that you had planned for a week. Taehyung had mailed you how they're planning to come on his birthday and you sent them the address and the other plans.

You spare him a glance. Become shy. "Um, there's a lot more."

Jungkook pauses. Stands straight. "Sorry?"

You bite your lips.

He is still staring and you don't yet look at him. And he is waiting for an explanation. "What does that mean?" Oh, he's seeing something coming ahead.

"I'm gonna sleep over at yours." You're casually spewing words as water and he's feeling bullets hit him. He blinks, and frowns. Comes closer. "What?" He doesn't know if he's hearing you right.

You pick up a speed at cleaning up the glasses and he's forgotten anything about cleaning. Left all the stuff on the dustbin. Comes to you. "Tonight?"

"Of course Jungkook." You're not meeting eyes. And his heart is riling up. Gone. Far gone.

"Pack up and wait in your room." You dust your palms getting done with the cleaning and he's suddenly so excited. Wipes his hands. Looks around. Can't decipher things. Agrees either way. "Yes—yes—I will. As you say–um–ma'am."

You laugh and he's smiling with his dimples. That small dimple. Oh, how you love it.

"See you." And he's scurrying away already that aches your heart. He finally looked so happy. You were in for it. See him hopping mid-way. It was such a sight to see.

It was happening. Finally. And you couldn't wait for it.

+++

Jungkook's eyes are wide open. He's standing at his room's door and you're making your way in. Slowly closing the door behind you.