𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘁𝘄𝗼

Start from the beginning

"sure" he rolled his eyes, leaning the side of his head on top of hers.

"can anyone tell me what this is about? quinn hasn't told me a thing" she asked softly, trying to decipher what was going on but no one wanted to tell her a thing.

just as ellen was about to respond, three people entered the room and the place got quiet.

the three men, quinn one of them, took a seat at a table at the front of the room, everyone looking very fancy and serious that it made devon feel completely out of place.

she wouldn't admit it but she was getting increasingly bored the more the people talked. it happened a lot to her, when she was presented in a situation where she didn't understand a thing she would get bored and loose interest but nevertheless she was trying really hard to remain focused.

at last, they finally announced what they were trying to say, the words fifteenth captain of the vancouver canucks coming out of the guys mouth. devon sat gobsmacked, with a huge grin. she was trying to not react loudly seeing as everyone else didn't even bat an eye but she was extremely surprised.

she looked at quinn to find him already looking at her with a soft tiny smile, obviously trying to repress it since he was being filmed but seeing the utter happiness on her face made him want to stand up, grab her and leave the room.

"he's the new captain!" she exclaimed softly to jack who was beside her. he turned to look at her and smiled at her expression.

it was torturous, and funny, to luke and jack to have to sit next to devon for the hour left after the announcement. she was literally buzzing with excitement, she just wanted the stupid conference to end so she could hug quinn.

as if her prayers were answered, the group of men finally stood up as quinn put on his jersey with the c, posing for a couple pictures. when he was clear to leave, he finally walked as fast as he could to her direction.

before he could even open his mouth, devon threw herself at him, quinn immediately catching her with a laugh and just barely stabilizing them on their feet.

"quinn! you're captain!" she exclaimed, no longer trying to remain quiet but still not too loud either.

"i am, what do you think?" he asked, leaning away to see her face with happiness, catching her dimples and even tears starting to form on her eyes.

"i'm so proud of you, so so proud quinny" she said, giving him a last squeeze and a quick kiss on the cheek before letting go, leaving him completely frozen at the contact, gratefully getting distracted by his mom and dad as they hugged him.

after a bunch of congratulations from his family and devon not leaving his side, he finally managed to slip away with her, both of them walking gleefully to the car with quinn's hand once again on her back, even carrying her purse for her.

"where are we going now?" she prompted, thanking him a moment after for opening her door for her.

he quickly rounded the car and gave her her purse before starting the car "we can go to dinner or we can order some takeout, what do you want?"

"i think i'll prefer takeout" she smiled nodding, side-eyeing his hand on his thigh. she really wanted to reach over and grab it but she was afraid it would cross his boundaries.

quinn seemed to notice and took the leap and grabbed her hand, squeezing it softly with his own.

he really hoped tonight's talk would smooth things over instead of completely fucking things up. he honest to god had no idea what he would do if things went badly.