003. the winter soldiers weakness.

CHAPTER THREE ! the winter soldiers weakness

🌊🐚📷🌷🕸️

MCKENNA sits on her bed with a notebook in one hand in her ap english book in the other. she has the news on in the background and it is practically echoing throughout the empty floor of the avengers tower.

she continues to read her book and write down quotes she liked and different thoughts she had while reading it before getting interrupted by her phone buzzing. "hello?" mckenna asks, turning the volume down on her tv down to ten.

"hey kenna, did you see the news?" steve asks.

"no? what's up?" she asks, looking at the news, just to find the weather.

"it's bucky. he bombed the accords signing," steve states, his voice breaking.

"where are you? i'm getting there as soon as i can," mckenna says, immediately standing up off of her bed and grabbing her backpack

🌊🐚📷🌷🕸️

it was in 2007. mckenna was just recently transferred to a new part of hydra for training, where she first encountered james buchanan barnes, or the winter soldier. even with his brain being blank and being controlled, he always has had a soft spot for the girl. he couldn't explain it, but hydra did not like it. so when bucky tried to save mckenna and get her out of there, he was punished, and mckenna was transferred back with her siblings.

bucky has had his brain wiped more times than fair, but he still has some memory with the young six year old he gave the rest of his food too. the same six year old that he went extremely easy on. the same six year old he would kill and die for.

but she wasn't six anymore. she was 15, and extremely more experienced in using her powers, as well as hand to hand combat.

mckenna knew deep in her heart that bucky did not want to do what hydra was making him do. he confessed that to her. he also confessed that he killed people for hydra. mckenna knows that bucky will tear apart every other person other than her if he is still brain washed. so she knows that it has to be her to confront him.

🌊🐚📷🌷🕸️

" HEY steve," mckenna says, walking towards the tall man.

he engulfs her into a hug, holding her very tightly. "i'm sorry your first look at london is for this kenna," steve says, frowning.

steve walks away to take a phone call as sam waves the teen over to the bar. "sam you know i can be alone for two minutes right?" she asks playfully.

after a long pause he replies, "he's coming after you mckenna. steve won't admit it. even you know it's true."

"he won't hurt me sam. we've been through this before. he saved my life more times than i can count, i will never be able to repay him for that," mckenna says, strongly.