Eleven

"Summer?"

Summer pressed a hand against her mouth as she felt the night coming back to her. She quickly moved to a nearby bush so she could empty the contents of her stomach out, letting her phone clatter to the floor. After she finished, she picked it up and brought it back to her ear.

"Are you drunk?!" Kit asked immediately, having heard what sounded like a nasty spew.

"Of course I am," she said angrily, "I'm in London and the one person I want to see — the one person who I want — doesn't want to see me. How else am I meant to deal with that?!"

"Where are you?" Kit asked her.

"Some bar," she replied as she sat down on the curb, "Will wont let us leave because it's his favourite."

"Okay, good, you haven't left the same one," Kit nodded, "I'm coming to get you. I'll be there in ten."

"I am not some loser who needs you to get me!" Summer spoke before furrowing her eyebrows, "Hello? Kit, are you there?"

The girl pulled her phone away from her ear to see that it died. She sighed, pushing it back into her bag before deciding to sit and wait. Maybe, if she got lucky, one of her friends would wander outside and bring her home themselves so she didn't have to face the boy.

In less than ten minutes, a car came to a sudden stop in front of her. The blonde glanced up as Kit got out of the car and approached her. He looked like he had been getting ready for bed when she called. He was in some grey sweatpants and a large hoodie. She could tell she must of stressed him out as his hair was a mess, a clear sign that he had been nervously running his hands through it.

"What are you wearing?" was the first thing he said to her, "Summer, it's freezing out. Did you even bring a jacket?"

She shook her head wordlessly. He sighed before pulling off his hoodie for her. He helped her stand up and pulled the hoodie over her own head, helping her get her arms through the sleeves and pushing the hood down so he could see her face. She froze as his hands lingered on her face, staring down at her with a look she couldn't quite place in her drunken state.

She felt herself warm up quickly, as she stared at the the boy with a deep frown. He had a dumb shirt on — a dumb shirt that she had gotten him early in their relationship.

"You still have it," she murmured, pointing to the picture of Gibby from iClarly printed on it.

"Come on," he said, opening the car door, trying to get her inside.

She furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, "I don't wanna drive."

"We're in England, baby, the driver is on the other side," he said in amusement, the nickname slipping out of him easily, "Come on."

She did as she was told, getting into the passenger seat. As Kit got into the driver's seat, he handed her some chewing gum as well as a water bottle. She smiled gently as she took the very bottle she had gifted him for his birthday when they had been together.

The car ride was silent. Summer stared out the window while chewing on the minty gum. Kit kept his eyes on the road, only glancing at the girl every few minutes. He couldn't help himself. Even in this state, he still believed she was the prettiest girl he had ever known.

When they arrived at his apartment, Summer made no signs of leaving the car. She crossed her arms over her chest like a child, an adorable pout on her face with her eyebrows pinched together. Kit let out a sigh as he got out of the car before opening the passenger door.

"Summer," he said, "Get out of the car."

"No," she told him.

"Get out of the car," he repeated, leaning over and undoing her seatbelt.