ONE. regina george wasn't friends with losers

     RUMOR HAS it that River Calflin was born by the side of the road because her mother couldn't make it to the hospital in time

RUMOR HAS it that River Calflin was born by the side of the road because her mother couldn't make it to the hospital in time. Her mother apparently gave birth to her by the side of a river bank and that's how she got the name River "River Bank" Elaina Calflin.

All of that was true by the way. Her mother, Elaina Calflin, had tried to gather all her belongings to go to the hospital while her husband, Asher, and their eldest daughter, Summer tried rushing her out the door.

To make a long story short, Elaina gave birth along side a river bank and held her newborn child in her hands while everyone else freaked out about how completely calm both Elaina and River had been on the drive to the hospital.

Elaina went on to have three other kids, Ryder, Swayer, and Sierra at the hospital just like their eldest Summer and unlike River.

Despite being the only child born by a river bank, River and the rest of the Calfin's had been raised on a farm in Colorado.

Each of the Calfin's had a job on that farm and that's what kept everything and everyone going.

River helped take care of the animals on the farm. The cows and chickens to the horses and pigs. It was River's job to feed, gather, and clean whatever the animal and she loved the job despite the absolute misery the shit smell brought her.

But she didn't have to worry about that right now, because right now, she was River Calflin, high school student at Sliver Falls High School where she was the certified it girl.

River could separate her home life from her school life even though her personality stayed consistent with both.

River was just that girl. She got the guys she wanted, cheer captain, captain of the volleyball team, college scouts were looking her way, and the girls envied her for it.

But they really hated that she was close to the Walter boys, more specifically, Cole Walter.

Cole was the guy you wanted to be in all of Colorado it seemed. He was the captain of the football team and quite literally pulled any girl he wanted.