Taken

Pov: Layla
Its been about a month since the breakin and everything has been calm for the past few weeks.... Too calm. Im just on edge waiting for something to happen... waiting for that creepy SUV to pop up... waiting for another break in or something worse.

Instead of bringing us closer everything that has been happening is pushing me and Jam further and further apart. I feel as if he is just trying to push me away to protect me but i wont let him... im already in too deep. Summer break was approaching and i had alot of stuff planned for us to spend quality time together,  now that exams were wrapping up my mom was easing up on me and i was getting more freedom and i think me and him need to just be together and everything will be okay.... Delulu dont?

I hear my mom calling me downstairs so i go to her.

"Layls tonight a wah likkle treat a the square juss go so them cyaa seh yuh nuh support... them done call yuh house rat." She states

I sigh i was in no mood to go anywhere tonight.... What a thing eee? When since she start force me fi go out?

"Tell Jam fi go with yuh... I don't want you by yourself." A smile spreads across my face.

"Eeeeeee a that you wah hear."  She laughs

I giggle and rush upstairs to tell him.... Finally we get to spend sometime together and he wouldn't cancel this time because he tries his best to impress my mom. I click his contact and wait for him to pick up.

"Hello?" He says in a sleepy tone making me smile.

"Babe its 1pm aint no way yuh did a sleep." I state.

"Mi affi get mi beauty sleep innuh Layls, mi looks affi maintain." I roll my eyes at his sassy ass statement and tell him what my mom said. As i thought he agreed because and I quote "whatever him mother in law says goes".

*Time skip*
The treat starts at 5 but knowing Jamaicans that shii aint starting till 7 or 8 . It is currently 6:30 and im getting ready. Jam is downstairs watching tv and i think my mom left to fill in for someone at work.

I look at the options on my bed before finally deciding on an outfit... sumn simple as i was just going down the road.

"You're so beautiful

"You're so beautiful."

I spin around to see Jam looking at me.

He pulls me into him before kissing me on my forehead before saying
"I missed you so much."
He starts to kiss my neck earning little gasps. My hands automatically wrap around his neck and he moves his kisses to my lips. He hoists me up deepening the kiss and i just revel in the moment. I missed this.

We make our way to the ballground where the treat is happening and sit in some chairs watching the kids play. I see Jam staring at a mom throwing her baby girl in the air before catching her, giggles erupt from the little girl and i notice a small smile form on his face and i cant help but smile too.  Maybe that'll be us someday...

The treat is going along fine and as the time gets darker the music gets older. Only a true Caribbean will get what i mean. I sip my drink and rock to the music Jam not far behind me. Whenever i drink i pee as much as a pregnant woman. I tell Jam that im going to pee..... again.

"Wah mi follow yuh?"

I tell him no as he has followed me the last few times and i want him to enjoy himself. I make my way to the dark corner i had made my bathroom unknowing that i was being followed.

I hear the snap of a twig behind me .... But there was none beneath my sneakers. I spin around and i see a tall dark figure looming.

"Jam?"

Someone else comes up from behind and before i can scream a rag is flung over my face.... And dark spots take over before everything goes black.

Authors Note

Ummm heyyy🙂

Before unnuh angle triangle mi😭 im a college girl ppl ..exam season amd coursework fi kill...unnuh know my chapters are usually short i tried to make this longer to make up for it.... Exams finish within two weeks time🤭 ill try to be consistent... thanks for pushing my story💕