Chapter. 3 Day of

The alarm rang loudly as Tina sat up from her bed, she searched her bedside table for her glasses. She grabbed ahold of them and slid them on her face, and messed with her hair as she got out of bed and walked towards her door to exit her room. She yawned as she walked down the hall to the bathroom and pushed opened the door.

Once she did her business she wahsed her hands in the sink and looked at her face in the mirror.

"My skin looks nicer then yesterday....the date!" Tina then yelled as she locked the door and quickly slid her clothes off and jumped in the shower.

She washed her hair and scrubbed her skin clean, plus her face. She shaved and washed all the soap off her, she turned the water off and grabbed the nearest towel. She rubbed the towel all over her hair to dry it, she wrapped herself in the towel and tried to find her hair brush. It was to find since she didn't have her glasses on, she tried to wipe the steam off the mirror and brushed her hair, leaving her teeth for later. She stopped to look at herself in the mirror as best as she could.

"At least I'll look and smell clean.." Tina said to her reflection as she rubbed her eyes. She slipped her steamed up glasses on her face, she held the towel tightly around herself as she turned off the light, she unlock the door and made a mad dash back to her room. She got inside and closed her door carefully.

"Phew..." Tina did a sigh of relief but stopped when she looked up and saw her blinds her left opened.

She hurried over and closed them, thankfully no one seeing.

"I guess I should start getting ready" Tina said as she walked to her closet.

She turned the handle and opened the door, yawning a bit as she looked at the outfit she got with her mom yesterday and decided to wear something else.

"How about... this white skirt and this light blue off the shoulder sweater I never wear. Seems like the perfect day" Tina said excitedly as she began carefully pulling the clothes on.

She put the towel on her desk, she walked to her mirror and looked at herself fully. Her glasses now clear,

"I look pretty good, but I feel like somethings missing." Tina said to herself moving a piece of wet hair out of her face.

She grabbed her yellow brett and clipped it to her usual spot but it still didn't seem perfect.

"Hey my Tiny Tina, breakfast is ready! Oh you look so cute!" Linda said as she opened the door all the way.

Tina turned to look at her mom, "Mom I feel like I'm missing something" She said.

"Hmmm maybe some lipgloss and mascara" Linda suggested.

"Yeah, okay" Tina agreed.

"Don't forget your swim suit and hurry to the kitchen!" Linda said and she left the room, closing the door.

Tina went to her closet and pulled out her swimsuit, she took off her clothes, put that on, and slid her own clothes back on.

She hurried to her door and turned off her light and head down the hallway to the kitchen.

"Woaaahh! Who let you hot of the smoke housseee" Gene shouted with enthusiasm.

Tina laughed a bit, a little embarrassed.

"Why are you all dressed up?" Lousie asked, while eating her eggs.

Tina took her seat at the table.

"I have a date with Jimmy Jr." Tina said with a smile on her face.

Bob looked up from his newspaper to look at Tina.

"You look very grown up Tina" Bob said.

"Thanks dad" Tina said before eating her eggs as well.

"So what are you guys going to do on this...date" Lousise asked,  clicking her tongue at the end.

"Walk around wonder warf and then swim in the ocean or something." Tina responded through her bites of food.

"Don't talk while eating" Bob's said.

Tina swallowed her food and then nodded.

"When are you leaving?" Gene asked, leaving forwards to look at her.

"I think he should be coming around soon to pick me up" Tina said, not being too sure on the time.

Time went by as everyone got done eating their breakfast, Tina went to the bathroom to brush her teeth, and her hair was finally starting to dry and felt soft and fluffy.

Once Tina was done brushing her teeth she went to the kitchen to talk to her mom.

"Hey mom can you help me with the makeup?" She asked, Linda got up from her seat as she was drinking wine, she grabbed her glass and led Tina to her room and sat her done at the vanity.

Linda pulled opened the drawer and rummaged through her makeup, she pulled out some old looking water proof mascara and this little lipgloss bottle.

"Okay Tina, let's remove your glasses," Linda said, she removed Tina's glasses and told her to close her eyes.
She started to gently put the mascara on her lashes, being careful to avoid the skin.

"Okay, now open your eyes slowly" Linda suggested.

Tina opened her eyes and looked at herself in the mirror. Forgetting that she needed her glasses so she put thoses on and looked at her lashes.

Her eyes looked bigger and kind of cuter.

She could hear her mom unscrew the cap to the lipgloss so she turned back towards her mom. Linda out a few good layers on her lips, and then handed her the bottle.

Tina looked at herself again and smiled. She thought she looked really pretty in the mirror. Like a real teenager.

"TINA JIMMY JR. IS HEERREEEE!" Lousie screamed up the stairs.

Tina hugged her mom, she put the lipgloss in her skirt pocket and quickly sped out the door then down the stairs and saw Jimmy Jr. Expecting him to be dressed up. But he was wearing his regular outfit.

Tina was disappointed,

"Oh hi Jimmy Jr. I though you might uh might have dressed up for our date.." Tina said in a confused tone.

"Well it's not like we're going somewhere fancy" He said.

"Let's just go" Tina said.