A Crack Slithering Within

Start from the beginning

"A stellaron? I assume that Miss Tingyun had informed you about it." Blade replied.

"Yes, but I am more interested in if there is something you know that others may not."

Blade did not respond but scoffed instead. He knew not to roll his eyes towards you in answering a question whether it was absurd or not.

"There was no need to inform you of anything new, mistress. However, if you want to know more, there was something I have found out back in the war. It would not hurt a soul if anyone were to find out since a stellaron is difficult to obtain one's hands on for chaos. Regardless, a body can hold a stellaron within, if artificially created."

"Artificially created? Where had you seen something that advanced to accomplish such a task like that? Well, of course, magic and the usage of mana plays a role in it, but would this not be considered taboo?"

"Depending on which region one's body was created, it serves as a vessel to contain such power itself but it is rather an uncertainty if it will be successful or not."

"But have you ever witnessed one during the war?"

Blade displayed himself seemingly reluctant to answer, despite his body not providing you a single shift. Perhaps, a regret in telling you his findings may affect any possible circumstances in the future.

"I've seen one occur, but I have no whereabouts on his current well-being in the current day." Blade finally answered, relaxing his arms now. "But that is enough of what I can provide for you in regards to your curiosity in wanting to know more about a stellaron."

You were not bewildered by his findings at all; but as you remained seated, Blade began to approach you, despite maintaining a distance.

"Mistress," he muttered softly. "You know that you cannot avoid meeting your father tomorrow."

You reply with a sigh; in that case, you knew it well enough to not avoid the person who holds the authority in this estate.

                                                      ----------------------------------------------------

The next day arrived upon entering his office, you were seated down in front of your father. He did not look at your eyes, as his concentration remained focused on the papers on his desk. Being called to see him was nothing new, but you could not help but be bothered with Blade observing from the side. More importantly, you could not help but wonder why your father had requested your bodyguard to stay inside. Of course, Blade did not obliged, as he willingly remained observant of you and your father.

"So the famous Miss Tingyun has visited you yesterday?" Your father noted, as his hand began to scribble the ink on the paper; scanning the documents scattered on his desk, there was no doubt that he was focused on business negotiations..

"Yes, she did, Papa." You replied, displaying yourself without a hint of distrust, if he had any towards you. "However, it was short-lived, and she left immediately."

"You know that not everyone gets a visit from her, right?" His head tilted upwards, placing the quilt pen back in its place to look at you. "For what purposes did she have for being here? You can go ahead and tell me, there is no need to hide anything as your father."

You felt reluctant for a moment whether or not you should reveal your meeting to your father. There was something within you that advised yourself to be reserved; perhaps even suggesting yourself to trust Blade more than your father when it came to this manner. However, this situation might benefit you in some way by gathering more information.