Monique snorted at her words in humour. “We let you go? Do you think we are fools? You'll kill us the second we do it.”

“No! I'll make a blood oath!” she insisted, before a yell left her lips as a stab of pain hit her in the stomach.

“We need to do the delivery!” Genevieve rushed. “Hold her down.”

“Please.” Lucy’s voice broke as she looked up at Genevieve, “I swear I'll spare all of you. Just let me go.”

“We can't. When the Ancestors demand something, we'll have to follow up with it. There's nothing that can be done.” she murmured softly. “You need to push now, it's time.”

“No!” Lucy screamed in protest, trying to yank her hands free. “I'll kill every single one of you! You will regret even touching my child!”

“No, you won't.” Monique said smugly. “And neither will Klaus or Elijah. We have taken care of every single thing.”

“I can't be killed, Monique!” Lucy yelled, her forehead beaded with sweat. “I'll come back every single time you kill me! You wanted black magic? See, this is black magic! I won't die, I won't age. Try as much as you can, you will fail!”

Genevieve shared a panicked look with Monique, but the latter remained unperturbed.

“Well, then, we will keep killing you over and over again. And by the time you'll come back alive, your baby will already be sacrificed and us, already far more powerful than you.”

Lucy let out a strained laugh at her words, the pain unbearable. “You don't know me, girl! Few teensy years that you've spent learning here are not even equivalent to a few seconds of what I've learnt my whole life.”

“And you cannot sacrifice my child!” she yelled. “She can't be killed! She can't be!”

Monique stared at her in horror now. “You used black magic on your own child?”

“Yes.” she hissed in response, clenching her teeth as another stab of pain went through her stomach. “I'll do anything to protect her. She is protected, you can't do shit!”

Lucy was bluffing, but whatever. Survival meant the most. And fooling these witches was the easiest.

“What the hell?” Genevieve looked at Monique. “What do we do now?”

Monique looked at her sharply before her expression turned calm again. “If the baby can't be killed, she wouldn't be panicking so much. She's lying.”

Fear crossed her face for a moment before Lucy hid it with a laugh. “You're delusional. You cannot hurt either of us. I'll kill every single one of you—!”

Lucy broke herself off with a high, strained scream as pain hit her body.

“You need to push!” Genevieve exclaimed. “Push, Lucy!”

Lucy shook her head stubbornly, pained yells spilling from her lips, but all of them knew it cannot be delayed any further.

“Bring some towels and warm water.” Genevieve nodded at a fellow witch who immediately left to fetch them. “Push, Lucy. You have to.”

Sharp breaths left her nose as Lucy strained to hold back her pained screams as she turned her head to look at Genevieve. “I'll fucking destroy you. I'll kill you!”

Lucy screamed out in pain, her body's responses betraying her. Her agonised screams bounced across the walls loudly, echoing across and could be heard, by anyone with supernatural hearing, even miles away.

Niklaus weakly limped down the street as Lucy's cries reached his ears. His heart thundered into his chest rapidly as he figured out her location, and he let out a yell of his own— screaming at the top of his lungs — in the middle of the road before he made his way to her.