Chapter 83: The Pretend Sleep of Yi Yi.

Start from the beginning

Just as expected, an alpha doesn't cherish what he has once he attains it. He Yu Shen, the scoundrel!

Nan Yi had prepared a whole list of threats, not expecting the alpha to agree so readily.

Even though he'd suggested sleeping separately, now that He Yu Shen actually agreed, Nan Yi felt oddly displeased.

His focus absent during dinner, Nan Yi stormed off to his room after finishing, taking Xiao Bao with him.

He Yu Shen just looked at his retreating figure, not uttering a word.

After putting Xiao Bao to sleep in a small bed, Nan Yi retreated to his chosen room, angrily bolting the door.

He had gone upstairs at nine. By ten, there was still no sound outside.

Hesitatingly, Nan Yi unlocked the door.

At half-past ten, he locked it again.

At eleven, he unlocked it.

By eleven-thirty, in a huff, he bolted it shut.

Though he should've been sleepy by now, his anger kept him wide awake.

He sneakily checked his phone for any messages. Nothing.

In a huff, Nan Yi changed He Yu Shen's contact name to [Big Jerk].

The otherwise quiet room was interrupted by the soft "click" of the door being unlocked.

It wasn't a loud sound, but in the quiet room, it was especially pronounced.

Initially too upset to sleep, Nan Yi was nestled in his blankets, checking for updates on his manga when he suddenly silenced his phone upon hearing a noise.

As the footsteps drew closer, the corner of Nan Yi's mouth curved in satisfaction, and he began to feign sleep convincingly.

It was He Yu Shen who entered.

Dressed in pajamas and with only the soft shuffle of his slippers, his steps were barely audible.

The alpha gently lifted a corner of the blanket. He had intended to slide into bed and cuddle up to Nan Yi.

Just as he was about to do so, his hand brushed against the phone in the omega's grasp.

The faint warmth of the device was especially noticeable against the uncovered skin.

He Yu Shen paused, a small smile forming on his lips.

Instead of lying down next to him, he gently lifted the omega in a bridal carry and exited the room.

As the corridor lights sensed movement, Nan Yi's tightly shut eyes remained hidden, leaving only his fluttering eyelashes visible.

He Yu Shen chuckled at the sight of the phone clutched tightly in the young one's grasp.

Unable to contain himself, he let out a soft laugh, causing those delicate lashes to quiver again.

Without calling out the pretending omega, He Yu Shen simply held him close as they lay on the bed.

Intentionally, he brought his lips close to the omega's ear.

"Wife, good night."

Though pretending, Nan Yi felt a mixture of happiness and embarrassment upon hearing these words. He snuggled closer into the embrace of the alpha, momentarily forgetting his act.

He Yu Shen, playing along, tightened his embrace.

Before drifting off to sleep, Nan Yi thought deeply and concluded he didn't really want to sleep separately from He Yu Shen. In the future, they wouldn't need separate beds, as long as He Yu Shen didn't overstep.

The weekend arrived.

He Yu Shen wasn't working and was spending time at home with Nan Yi and Xiao Bao.

"Xiao Bao, when will you start calling me daddy?"

Holding He Si Yin almost constantly, He Yu Shen's voice dripped with affection.

Often, Nan Yi would sit nearby, a smile playing on his lips, watching him dote on He Si Yin.

Here was an alpha, skillfully and happily preparing formula and changing diapers for Xiao Bao.

Nan Yi had always assumed that affluent heirs like He Yu Shen would typically prefer alphas.

I never imagined he would dote on He Siyi so much.

"Master, the young master is still an infant. It'll be at least six or seven months before he starts to speak," the butler said as he placed the warmed milk in front of Nan Yi. "I just received a call from Butler Song. There's a family gathering tomorrow. He asked if the young master, madam, and the little one will attend."

Without lifting his head, He Yushen said, "Ask the madam; I don't make those decisions."

"Madam, will we go?"

"Yes."

The butler nodded in acknowledgment, preparing to leave.

"Wait, have formal attire prepared for me," Nan Yi hurriedly stopped the departing butler.

Hearing this, He Yushen lifted his head and interjected, "There's no need for formal wear at a family gathering. I've already arranged your outfit."

Driven by curiosity, Nan Yi stood up and moved closer to He Yushen, inquiring, "What is it? May I have a look?"

"No."

"Just now, you said I was in charge at home."

"For major decisions, you lead. For minor ones, I decide."

"Hmph." Nan Yi pouted in discontent.

"Has our little treasure seen mommy? He's smiling so brightly."

"In the future, let our son call me daddy. Don't teach him otherwise. Also, it's my turn to hold him."

"Alright, daddy to our son, and my wife."

Chuckling, He Yushen brought He Siyi closer to Nan Yi for him to see.

The little one is easily distracted.