Chapter 82: You're My Home Too

Start from the beginning

Before He Yu Shen finished work, He Zhan left with Ling Ran.

The baby, Xiao Bao, had been soundly sleeping in the arms of his omega grandfather. After Ling Ran's departure, a butler gently placed him in a crib in the living room.

He Yushen, as usual, didn't work overtime today. Nan Yi leaned against the living room doorway, his gaze fixed on a familiar car outside the main entrance.

The car had its designated parking spot, and from a distance, two figures emerged.

Both of nearly equal height, dressed in black and white suits, their stunning looks captured attention instantly.

Given their evenly matched handsomeness, Nan Yi felt a tinge of inferiority.

Beside He Yushen, he felt somewhat out of place.

Yun Luo and He Yushen parted ways at a junction. They exchanged a few words, but with He Yushen's back to Nan Yi, he couldn't discern his expression.

Only Yun Luo's typical subtle smile was visible.

"Were you waiting for me?"

Approaching, He Yushen immediately lifted Nan Yi off the ground.

"Did you and Yun Luo come back together?" Nan Yi buried his head in He Yushen's shoulder, rubbing it against him in slight annoyance.

"Yes, he didn't drive today. Was Xiao Bao being fussy with you?"

"He's still so little; how could he fuss?" Nan Yi murmured.

He Yushen walked straight to the sofa, holding Nan Yi, who draped over him like a well-behaved kitten.

"What were you discussing with Yun Luo?" Nan Yi asked.

"I invited him over, wanted him to see how adorable our Xiao Bao is."

Nan Yi secretly breathed a sigh of relief.

"Our fathers visited today," Nan Yi continued.

"To see Xiao Bao?"

Supporting Nan Yi's sides, He Yushen shifted him to face him.

"And for other matters." Locking eyes with He Yushen, Nan Yi playfully pinched his nose in mild irritation.

"What other matters? Did He Zhang... say anything about you?"

"No. He mentioned a family gathering in a few days, asking you to bring me and Xiao Bao along."

As Nan Yi spoke, a hint of amusement graced his face.

It gave him a sense of contentment, as if he'd finally received acknowledgment.

"Do you want to go back?" He Yu Shen asked.

"Of course I do! Why wouldn't I? Are you afraid to introduce me to your family?" Nan Yi pouted, clearly displeased.

"That's not it. I'm just worried you might feel out of place," murmured He Yu Shen, nuzzling the base of the omega's collarbone.

With the omega in the midst of his most sensitive phase, akin to ripening cherries, Nan Yi involuntarily shrank away.

"Would you let me feel out of place, He Yu Shen?"

"Never. If anyone dared to make you uncomfortable, I'd teach them a lesson," the alpha replied, playfully biting him through the fabric.

"He Yu Shen!" Nan Yi chided softly, his face flushed.

Nan Yi continued to pull away, anger painting his face a shade of crimson.

He Yu Shen looked up, his eyes filled with desire.

An omega's face would blush noticeably when embarrassed, especially the ear tips – so tantalizingly pink one might want to take a nibble.

He Yu Shen pulled the tender omega close, one hand on his back, the other on his shoulder.

Wanting to pull him even closer.

Held like a child in his embrace, Nan Yi sat on his lap, their positions allowing their racing hearts to beat closely in tandem.

Nan Yi wrapped his arms around the alpha's neck, resting his head comfortably against the nape.

"He Yu Shen, hypothetically speaking... if Yun Luo had feelings for you, would you reciprocate?"

Nan Yi's voice was soft, the question posed with a hint of insecurity.

Although whispered, given Nan Yi's proximity, every word was clearly heard by He Yu Shen.

Amused, He Yu Shen chuckled lightly, "He's an alpha and my cousin. How could I possibly have feelings for him?"

Nan Yi quickly looked up, his eyes searching the alpha's, "What if he were an omega or truly had feelings for you?"

 "That's an impossibility," He Yu Shen answered languidly, watching as disappointment clouded Nan Yi's eyes.

He quickly added, "Even if it were true, I wouldn't have feelings for Yun Luo."

"Why?" Nan Yi inquired.

"Because I love you. Deeply. When you're with me, I feel at home, with Xiao Bao and our little haven."

Despite the syrupy sentiment in He Yu Shen's deep voice, Nan Yi didn't find it cheesy at all.

The sorrow in Nan Yi's eyes dissipated. After a light peck on the alpha's lips, he earnestly stated, "You're my home too, He Yu Shen."