Chapter17

My eyes begin to water as I run along the street trying to get as quickly as possible to my cheap and small apartment. A cold breeze brushes along my exposed skin and I feel goosebumps rising to my skin. Why didn't I bring a jacket with me. ‚'Stupid Rose'' I say to myself. I need to get home as quickly as possible or I will catch a cold.

Mhm I could turn left at the next crossing and take a shortcut to my flat. If I hold my pace I will be home in less than 10 min. But what if some perverts hunt the alley, I don't have any pepper spray with me nor am I able to defend myself. Being petite and extremely thin sucks.

Without thinking clearly I decide to turn left and take the shortcut to my flat. While running along the dark and abandoned alleyway my mind wanders to James Dashwood.

I can still taste his mint flavored kiss on my lips, and still feel his touch on my waist. Never had a man affected me like James Dashwood had.

When I'm with James I feel like we are the only people on earth and I completely zone out of the cruel world and only focus on his mysterious deep green eyes. Oh my his beautiful deep green eyes make my legs feel like butter. Uh why did I reject him.

Why do I always mess up these things, why can't I just be happy and fall in love with the man of my dreams. I'm sure after this stunt he wouldn't want to see me again. I did hurt him a lot with my rejection. My heart and my sole arches for his touch and for his love. I know exactly that I can't forget nor live without this man.

Every time I will date another guy my mind will wander to his mysterious deep green eyes and I will zone out immediately and only concentrate on him. Never will any guy come near his looks, his personality, or his charm. I guess, I have to accept that I will never feel this electric feeling rushing through my body ever again, but I have to see the good side of this situation.

‚'And this would be'' I ask myself hopelessly while trying to figure out a plausible point.I come to the conclusion that there is no good point about this situation and my eyes begin to water again. Oh no what have I done. Should I go to his apartment tomorrow morning and apologize. No I bet after this he doesn't want to see me ever again.

All of a sudden I get a strange feeling while running along the dark and abandoned alleyway. I decrease my pace and come to an abrupt stop while taking a look around me, why do I get this weird feeling, like I've being watched. I should have known that running away was a bad idea, I should have called a taxi.

My suspicion was correct, as a middle aged man steps into the light of the street lamp. My fear begins to rise and small droplets of sweat form around my neck and back area. Goosebumps rose to my skin as the man begins to talk.

‚'What is a beautiful girl like you doing in the middle of the night alone in a dark alley.'' says the middle aged man while smirking at me wickedly.

‚'I...I...I'm just on my way home'' I answer softly, while enlarging the space between us but to my misfortune the man starts to step closer to me. Why can't I run away, my feet feel like, they've been glued to the floor.

‚'Oh no, come on Rose, run away before this man gets to you.'' I say to myself.

‚'Why don't we have some fun princess.'' says the ugly man while smirking at me wickedly.

‚'I bet you'd be a good f***'' he answers strongly, while approaching me.

As he is only 100 inches away from me my body begins to react again and I quickly run away from him. I look back and discover the man running after me. Oh no I need to run faster or he will catch me. I run as quickly as I can, trying not to trip over some stupid stone. I hopelessly scream out loud as his footsteps increase and get louder.