The Star Fallen

"Please... Don't make me fight you."

"Haha... What's wrong, Nameless?"

"Go ahead, do it." She taunted as she pressed her hand on his spear that was right in front of her chest.

The raven-haired man frowned deeply as he looked at the ashen-haired girl in front of him with a painful look.

"Stelle." He called out, trying to bring her back to his side, but it was all too late. There was no turning back to any of them anymore. Not when she had hurt one of the Nameless, someone he cared about.

Stelle, however, just looked back at him with her evil, yet painful grin on her face. They were both hurting. Yet, why had they come to this situation in the first place?

She was one of them, one of his closest companions at the Astral Express. He trusted her more than anyone else. He enjoyed trailblazing with her even though she might cause trouble for him or the others, but that was part of her that he came to understand. Being reckless out of kindness, was her charm that got him into her more and more.

Although she did not show much expression on her face, she would sometimes smile at him, the prettiest and brightest smile he would ever see from her. He had also seen her laugh once before, it was a rare, yet precious moment. Yet, this was the first time he had ever seen this expression of hers in front of him now.

Such a painful look. Who had hurt you? Why did you make that face? He wanted to ask her all of those questions, yet was unable to. Not only that, but she seemed betrayed. But how dare she, when she was the one who betrayed them, betrayed him?

Stelle just scoffed as she saw the emotions shown on his face that reflected hers. Betrayal. And she knew she was the cause of it. She knew how much it would hurt him. Someone who had lost his companions once in the past, even though he denied that it was him and only his past self, he could still feel the pain. She knew that. Yet she just had to inflict the same pain back to him.

If she could be honest, it was actually such a tough choice. At first, she did not think that she would stand at where she was now. In the beginning, she thought that she would be able to stay with everyone else back at the Astral Express, with him, by his side forever. But it was impossible after all.

She noticed it when they were trailblazing at Xianzhou Luofu, where she met Kafka for the first time after being abandoned. She had learned from her about herself. About who she was, what she was, and what was her connection with Kafka. Honestly, despite everyone in the Express hating Kafka and the Stellaron Hunters, Stelle could not feel the same as them. It was the exact opposite actually.

When she met Kafka and saw her, she felt like a piece of her was finally found. Kafka had told her that she was her destiny as she was Kafka's. So, maybe that was why she felt that way. On the other side, she did not mind when being asked to help her and Bladi—Blade, either. Even though, he seemed to be in a bad term with her closest Nameless companion, Dan Heng.

Stelle actually felt comfortable being around the Stellaron Hunters, just like how she felt like being around the Nameless. Yet, at the same time, it was slightly different too. She did not find out the answer until later when Dan Heng showed up at Xianzhou Luofu. She was wondering why he would come in the end when he had refused to do so in the first place. But then, she quickly got her answer as Dan Heng approached March.

"I'm worried about you." He had told her, and even though Stelle was standing far away from them, she could not help but catch those words. March sounded surprised at his words but quickly became happy about how sweet he was to care so much about her. Even Stelle thought so too.

It was times like that that Stelle felt like she did not belong to the Nameless. She loved them all, really, but it felt like she was just an outsider. She knew she was a newcomer, but still, she could not shake the feeling that she was just an extra character between the main characters.

The Fallen StarOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara