(i) jashn-e-bahara

Começar do início

(Bloody jealous)

That's why they're my best friends and adoptive parents too. They know when I need them and they know how to act when I need them.

Vaidehi broke the hug and looked at me. "What's he like?" She now had a smile on her face. Mood toh Flash ki speed se badalti hai hai.

(Changes her mood with the speed of The Flash)

"He's uh— nice? Kinda funny, like his humor is a little lame but it's still kinda funny. He's nothing like the heartless businessman I imagined Jiju would make me meet. If this weren't an arrangement but rather a dating app, I'd swipe right." I smiled and checked my phone. There was a message from an unknown number.

Hey, the guy you met tonight here.

How'd the proposal go?

He took my number from them. Even worse, they gave it to him. This is bad.

Hi, guy.

It went well, she said yes!

Waise tumhara koi naam hai ya phir iss number se hi sab pukaarte hai?

(Do you have a name or do people call you by this number only?)

He's typing. Oh, my God, he's typing.

Naam toh hain, lekin mai chahunga meri hone wali biwi mera naam pehle mere muh se sune.

(I do have a name but I'd like my to-be wife to hear it from my mouth first.)

What the hell!? He called me his future wife, God he's delusional.

Hone wali biwi? Thode tez nahi ho rahe hai aap?

(To-be wife? Don't you think you're going a little fast?)

Besides, don't you know mine already?

Iss tez zamane ki speed pe nahi chalenge toh peeche nahi reh jayenge?

(If I don't walk at the speed of this fast generation won't I be left behind?)

And to answer your question, no I don't know your name. Looking forward to hearing it tomorrow though.

I felt my cheeks heat up a little bit. A smile spread on my face. I settled in my seat in the car and my mind went to his sweet smile. My cheeks heated up again. Mr. Sweet-Smile workaholic knows how to flirt too. Jiju wasn't wrong when he said the guy'd be good for me.

"Do you have any pictures of mystery guy, Inayat?" Kabir asked me, his eyes still locked on the road and one hand on my best friend's thigh. Get a room!

"Well no, but Kabir, you will be the one to drop me off tomorrow when I go to meet him. See him then, okay?" I said, diverting my eyes from Kabir's hand to the window.

"You know, I missed this," Vaidehi spoke, and put Kabir's hand on the steering wheel and widened her eyes at him, warning him to stop.

"By this, I mean, you, me and Kabir. Boy talks about a new guy in your life. You blushing without any reason. It hasn't happened since Ad—" She was smiling throughout saying all this, so were me and Kabir, it was true after all. Although, everything went silent when she paused. Am I happy that she stopped because I don't wanna remind myself of it? Or am I pissed off at her for thinking I can't handle a name?

I was about to say something when I heard Kabir's phone ring and decided to talk about it later. This was probably a sign. Vaidehi picked it up. Although I could hear it I chose to look at the moon. Until Vaidehi's voice raised from normal decibel.