"Lena," Clary came forward trying to touch me, but I smacked her hand away.

"Check her, check her!" Jace yelled. I glared at him my runes still shining. I grabbed the stone from the table letting them see it in my hands. "Sorry."

"Lena, how did you do that?" Clary asked.

"You've got your runes," I breathed. "I've got my other things. You have the mirror, right?"

"Yeah, you threw it to me," Clary reminded me.

"Ah, I want to kill him." I paced back and forth trying to control my anger. "How's Max? Do we know yet?" Jace walked with me as we walked to the door. He knocked lightly.

"Is he okay?" We both walked in. Alec hugged me as I entered.

"He's okay," Maryse nodded.

"Did you get him?" Robert asked. I shook my head.

"I will though," I promised. Robert nodded his head. I put my hand on Alec's back. "I'm glad he's okay." Isabelle nodded. She was tearing herself apart after she found him.

***

"Saving us from Azazel," Isabelle shook her head. "He's been scheming this whole time." I paced back and forth in the room. Jace and Alec were on the opposite side of the room. "I was the one to bring him to the institute."

"Don't," I held up my hand.

"We are all responsible for this," Alec put his hand on his sister's shoulder. If this was anyone's fault it's mine. I should have recognized him sooner.

"At least now, we know Valentine can't get the mirror to raise the angel," Clary explained. She told me that she tried to deactivate it, but it just turned to ash in her hand.

"Is it supposed to do that?" Isabelle asked.

"Well, it's definitely deactivated now." Clary dusted her hands off.

"I'm not so sure about that," Jace added. His eyes moved to me. "Even with our pure angel blood doesn't it seem strange that Clary's runes were strong enough to destroy a mortal instrument? I mean Lena was able to, but she had to destroy herself in the process."

"What if this mirror wasn't the mortal mirror?"

"Then why did your mother give it to the warlocks to protect?" Alec asked.

"Maybe she thought it was. Maybe whoever made it wanted it to be that way," Clary explained as she walked to my side of the room.

"To distract people from finding the real one," Isbelle muttered. Clary and I stared at one another.

"Uh well, the legends say the mirrors are meant to not be easily found," Jace added. "That the angels hold the key."

"It's the water. It's a reflection," Clary realized.

"You didn't destroy the mirror?"

"What water?" Alec asked.

"What are you talking about?" Jace stood up from the desk.

"These visions I've been having there a message from the angels," Clary specified. "The mirror is Lake Lynn."

"I've also got to say something," I looked at the floor. "When I was tracking Jonathan. I had lost him, but I went to his apartment." I crossed my arms over my chest. "The minute I stepped through the door there was this loud ringing."

"Like when I got a call from the angels?" Clary asked.

I shrugged. I didn't know what that felt like, but it was enough to make me not want it to happen again.