"I know. I think that's what's getting to their heads," Alec sighed. I could hear the noise in the background from people moving around.

"Alec—." 

My body was thrown into the wall. My hand lost its grip on the phone. I rolled to the side seeing a cloaked figure. He stepped forward again as I threw my arm forward trying to fight. 

I got two hits in and a hard kick sending him flying back. Before I could get closer again he ran away. I looked around seeing my phone on the ground. Alec's contact is still there.

"Lena!" I pulled the phone away from my face. His yell made my ears ring.

"I'm good." I breathed. "I'm good."

"What was that?" He asked.

"Well, I'm assuming it wanted me to be the next victim," I grimaced. My opposite hand went to he back of my head. "That fucking hurt."

"Stay on the phone with me until you're back at the institution," Alec demanded.

"I will. It was too fast for me to determine what kind of downworlder it is," I reasoned. "But isn't wasn't super strong. So I think it's not a Vampire or Werewolf."

"Oh shit," Alec muttered.

"What?"

"Where are you?" He asked.

"I'm near the river I guess," I looked around. I wasn't close enough like the Jade Wolf, but a few blocks off. "Why?"

"Clary was attacked as well," Alec muttered.

"Is she okay?"

"She's fine, Simon has her, but he couldn't catch the person," Alec repeated.

"Fucking hell."

"She's been drugged. The doctors are looking her over now. How close are you to the institute?" He asked.

"Three blocks," I told him as I started picking up my pace.

"Lena."

"Yeah."

"I love you," Alec breathed. I smiled and looked around the corner as I ran across the street. I could see him just outside the institute. I hung up the phone as he came down the stairs walking toward me.

"You didn't have to come out of the institution," I laughed as he pulled me into a hug.

"I was worried," He said.

"I love you so much," I smiled and kissed him. "Now, Clary." 

I grabbed his hand as we walked through the doors. I watched as they forced Simon down to the cells.

"What is happening?" I asked Jace.

"He refused to leave," Jace added.

"So you lock him up?" I snapped. "We know Simon, Jace."

"Yes, but even in times like these the law must be harsh. We can not have people testing our leadership," Herondale added as she appeared behind us. 

"Your leadership is what's going to start an uprising with the downworlders." I snapped.

"You were attacked tonight, weren't you? Along with your sister? Would you have liked to see her slashed-up body be wheeled in here," Herondale added. "You are lucky I don't lock you up, Lena. You still have the demon essence in you."

"So, what, I would aid everyone in attacking my family. The people I care for," I argued. "You're insane." I laughed in her face as I pushed past her.

"Watch yourself Morgenstern!" She warned me.